Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New resident

Welcome to Iowa, I happen to think you may have timed things right in terms of moving here. IMO the deer herd is back on the upswing now that we have gotten rid of the late, late antlerless season and hopefully we do not soon see again the severe drought and corresponding EHD outbreaks from a couple of years ago.

Many, many Iowa hunters were seeing far fewer deer and mature bucks the last couple of years, but it does seem like that tide has turned now and hopefully things get back to good soon.

Welcome to Iowa! I moved here from Michigan 14 months ago and it is the best thing my wife and I have ever done. It is truly a wonderful place and it goes way beyond hunting, although that is a MAJOR bonus. Winterset is a neat town and its hard to beat the location.

The only hard part is the 90 day waiting period to gain residency in the eyes of the DNR since you have had a tag as a non-resident. That is a process all by itself! I was in the same boat. It means no spring turkey hunting and no fishing until 90 days is up. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any questions at all.

There has been some monsters killed around Winterset in the past. Not all of them went into the record books. I won't go into anymore detail, but welcome to Iowa. You'll love it here!!

Welcome! Sounds like you will fit right in. I'm not too familiar with that area, but talk to as many people as you can. You just never know who might be able to put you on some decent ground. Good luck!

I'm sure I'm missing something, but how do I post a picture to a thread from a mobile device (android)? I'm using the IW app

When you're replying to a thread in the upper right corner there's a + button. Hit that and it will say "Attach from Photos" pick a photo then it will say "Uploading" when it's done uploading click on it and press "Insert Line" and it will add the picture. You have to say a few words about it too in order to post it.

When you're replying to a thread in the upper right corner there's a + button. Hit that and it will say "Attach from Photos" pick a photo then it will say "Uploading" when it's done uploading click on it and press "Insert Line" and it will add the picture. You have to say a few words about it too in order to post it.

I don't see a + button. All I see is a box to type text...no option to attach anything. I'd attach a screen shot of what I see but well....that's the problem.

Thanks for the reply. My screen doesn't look like that. When I hit reply all I have is a text box with the keypad below it. I don't have a header at the top

Mine looks nothing like TH's either. Just text box. Ive been known to be really dumb when it comes to electronics, but I don't think you can do it with my phone (android).

Mine looks nothing like TH's either. Just text box. Ive been known to be really dumb when it comes to electronics, but I don't think you can do it with my phone (android).

I used to post pictures with android all the time. Maybe you have to upload them to your IW album?

I just upload to the photo bucket app from my phone and then use the laptop if I want to post pics. I even struggled with that at one point in time.

Top Bottom