Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NRA after IDNR

The NRA does great things buuuuut........ they have no business in this matter!!!!! They have power...no doubt but again they are making this their business and going nation wide to put the pressure on the IDNR.
I don’t like it either. Thanks for posting the info

well, if the IDNR wants to pass a rule, they usually do, regardless of what feedback they get from the public.
i did hear, that they pulled the round restriction from the rule change possibilities, due to an overwhelming negative response. but i have heard no official word on that, or what rule changes they made. i'm kinda glad the NRA put them on blast over this. there is no reason for their proposed changes. just more unfounded fears that people will be playing john rambo in the deer woods with scary black guns

My 2 cents & I realize this issue will not have a consensus....
Weapons for hunting & gun rights are & should be 2 totally different issues. For example..... I enjoy shooting high power long distance rifles..... I don’t want to see them put in our fragile deer herd’s hunting season though. I want my rights to own & shoot em but doesn’t mean I’d want to push my enjoyment of them into our deer season.

REGULATIONS & the conservative & CAREFUL use of weapons @ precise & thought out times is what has made Iowa exceptional. These conservative regulations are what keeps it “good” & EXACTLY why the bordering states ruin their hunting - they don’t do this. Why crossing the borders into MO, MN, etc automatically degrade hunting by night & day. Why the guys across the line (even by 10 mins) put in for the Iowa draw for a tag here.

6% timber, difficult for access & a medium size human population - that’s a FRAGILE system right there.

Bottom line & 2 cents.... I support NRA big time & what they do to protect our 2nd amendment. I do not want them involved in our hunting regulations & how we decide to manage our state’s fragile resource!

well, if the IDNR wants to pass a rule, they usually do, regardless of what feedback they get from the public.
i did hear, that they pulled the round restriction from the rule change possibilities, due to an overwhelming negative response. but i have heard no official word on that, or what rule changes they made. i'm kinda glad the NRA put them on blast over this. there is no reason for their proposed changes. just more unfounded fears that people will be playing john rambo in the deer woods with scary black guns

Have you been out during shotgun season? There continue to be those who will empty their gun at running deer. That is bad enough with 5 from the shotgun, but 30 from the AR is crazy. I am a member of the NRA, but see nothing wrong with limiting the number of rounds while deer hunting.

Here is what will be voted on at the May 16th teleconference meeting of the NRC.
http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr...RC agenda-items.pdf?ver=2018-05-10-162100-673

Anyone can call in. I've done it before and find it even more frustrating than being in person as you can't read if you are making points with anyone on the committee and no one responds on the phone. So, it feels a little more like "we are forced to listen to the public" rather than "we are interested in listening to the public".

It is the same stuff that has been discussed for some time now.

Deer:
1) New shed buck season (aka January antlerless season) in any county where CWD is located - supporting the "kill them all" plan - at least I think that is what Iowa has decided for a plan
2) Change in number of antlerless permits - most changes are to increase - especially if CWD has been found
3) Clarify legal handgun - I have no interest so didn't read these details
4) Youth tags good through all the seasons - must follow method of take for that season, so youth can't use gun in bow season
The 6 cartridge limit has been removed due to public input (likely due to NRA email campaign)​

Turkey:
1) Change shot size limits (allows 4 through 8)
2) Change dates - opens earlier (second Monday of April) and youth season shortened (since they can hunt all other seasons with unfilled tag) - I really thought I loved this one until this year. But, on a "normal" year, starting a bit earlier is good for 1st season.​

If you want to share an opinion:
7:30 am Public Teleconference Meeting Begins
Teleconference Call-In Instructions:
A few minutes prior to the meeting time, call 1-866-685-1580
When prompted, enter conference code 5152817122 followed by the # key.
You will be connected to the conference call.
Public Participation begins at approximately 7:35 am​

Here is what will be voted on at the May 16th teleconference meeting of the NRC.
http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr...RC agenda-items.pdf?ver=2018-05-10-162100-673

Anyone can call in. I've done it before and find it even more frustrating than being in person as you can't read if you are making points with anyone on the committee and no one responds on the phone. So, it feels a little more like "we are forced to listen to the public" rather than "we are interested in listening to the public".

It is the same stuff that has been discussed for some time now.

Deer:
1) New shed buck season (aka January antlerless season) in any county where CWD is located - supporting the "kill them all" plan - at least I think that is what Iowa has decided for a plan
2) Change in number of antlerless permits - most changes are to increase - especially if CWD has been found
3) Clarify legal handgun - I have no interest so didn't read these details
4) Youth tags good through all the seasons - must follow method of take for that season, so youth can't use gun in bow season
The 6 cartridge limit has been removed due to public input (likely due to NRA email campaign)​

Turkey:
1) Change shot size limits (allows 4 through 8)
2) Change dates - opens earlier (second Monday of April) and youth season shortened (since they can hunt all other seasons with unfilled tag) - I really thought I loved this one until this year. But, on a "normal" year, starting a bit earlier is good for 1st season.​

If you want to share an opinion:
7:30 am Public Teleconference Meeting Begins
Teleconference Call-In Instructions:
A few minutes prior to the meeting time, call 1-866-685-1580
When prompted, enter conference code 5152817122 followed by the # key.
You will be connected to the conference call.
Public Participation begins at approximately 7:35 am​

Thanks for the information. I sure hope they leave the youth season at two weekends.

I have been preaching about starting turkey season earlier for years :) hopefully it goes through. Thanks for sharing the info
i wish they'd open it earlier and let our two tags be good for whenever like Missouri, just can't shoot them both on the same day.. It'd be nice to not get screwed out of a season due to weather

Top Bottom