Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"Observing and Evaluation Whitetails" - good book

Old Buck

Life Member
I just added another book to my ever growing collection. It is called "Observing and Evaluating Whitetails". Though it deals mainly with Texas whitetail where qdm was born, and these are the people who got it started, I've found it a good resource for the serious student of whitetail. It includes chapters titled, Aging whitetails on the hoof, Buck aging sequences,
Aging whitetails by behavior, etc. I've gotten lots of books lately so I'm not sure, but I think I ordered this one through Amazon.

Old Buck

You can also order this book off the QDMA website. I've heard many good things about this book and just ordered it last week.

Larry, I was putting that one on my Christmas list. But have been wondering does it seem to be a good reference for deer around here and not just Texas?

Central Iowa,

I think it is worth the money. It has a lot of good information. But remember, I'm pretty dedicated to learning everything I can about whitetail and mature bucks in particular.
smile.gif

Old Buck

Top Bottom