Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozone generators

deerhunter93

I've heard lots of good things about the Scent Crusher line of products. My question is, are there any other ozone brands/products that you have tried?

A little Google searching and I see there are other car ozone generators but I have no idea if they work the same as the Scent Crusher brand. I also am intrigued by the new room ozone generator by Scent Crusher but it is $150 and I don't really want to spend that kind of money on it.

Or if you have the Scent Crusher products, how much do you like them and recommend them?

I bought the duffel bag last year and would run it on the drive to hunt and get dressed when I arrived. Had multiple does downwind trying to bust me (I spooked them when I got down the morning before) and they couldn't. Never before have I been able to say that. It was a game changer for me. Buy one!

I would google some info on the system in general. I know of at least one person with a claim in to them for it destroying some clothing and boots. It's pretty dangerous stuff in a closed space. My personal 2 cents is I used a buddy's ozonics and thought it made my hunting worse.

I used scent crusher this past year and it was BY FAR the best year I've ever had with regards to not getting busted. Had multiple times with deer down wind and they would smell something but wouldn't get it figured out and would eventually go back to what they were doing. Ozone can be dangerous in large doses but I believe the scent crusher stuff is made to be at safe levels of used as directed. Ozone will destroy some rubbers and elastics. Some of the elastic in my clothes is completely gone, not a huge problem in my opinion, but I'd hate to ruin some really expensive clothing if I had any really expensive clothing, which I don't. All in all, I won't be using anything else. It was easy and it works.

I have the closet, got it super cheap on an amazon deal. I agree, it definitely made a difference. I haven't noticed any issues with damage to any of my Sitka.

I would google some info on the system in general. I know of at least one person with a claim in to them for it destroying some clothing and boots. It's pretty dangerous stuff in a closed space. My personal 2 cents is I used a buddy's ozonics and thought it made my hunting worse.
I have heard the same thing.. very hard on rubber from what I have been told.. i have never used one , and cant say if this is true or not..

I used the ozone bag every time I hunted last year. Didn't notice any issues with my clothes but def noticed I never got busted. I did hear of people having a few issues with bands on items but I personally didn't.

I just received the tote,
Closet and room cleaner. Haven't used the room cleaner yet but I'll let you know when I do. Excited to see how well it distributes around the room

Last edited:
I have heard the same thing.. very hard on rubber from what I have been told.. i have never used one , and cant say if this is true or not..

You are supposed to use it minimally on rubber boots and once used enough it will deteriorate elastic in waistbands, etc. This is stated in the literature with the equipment so anyone filing a claim is out of luck. I learned the hard way myself on some base layers. Moderation is the key IMO.....

Be careful with where you run it. I would say never in a vehicle as it can damage rubber and other materials that you really don't pay attention to in your vehicle. I have a portable one that I run in a bag that works great. Don't but anything with elastic or rubber in there or it will definitely degrade.

I actually ha e used in on many of the synthetic materials that get and hold stinch when worn (UA golf shirts, et ) works great on them

Not sure how much of an advantage it gives but it does seem to remove odor and is a good alternative to the ADHD g clothes all the time

I learned about them as a kid working at car dealership when I had to detail cars and get cigarette smell out. Agree with above - can harm rubber but I still put one in my "farm bomber" & minor use hasn't given any problems.
Aside from rubber- I know it does aid with smell and of course it's used in the medical field as well. Where I scratch my head is wanting to be confined in a blind with one. No way would u get me to do that. But ya- I think it can't hurt on clothing and such. But for whatever reason- I am pretty "clean" on every level when hunting & rarely get winded but still hunt my stands based on better winds. It just takes one thing to blow your whole scent reduction approach and with that said, nothing is 100%. But - if you "help" things and do things "smart" but pull out your skoal chewing tabacco after pouring sweat to your stand and puke up last nights dinner from getting bombed on wild turkey- I gotta think the extra scent is gonna kill any otherwise perfect plan.

My brother in law has an Ozonics..the problem I saw with him using it, is he just didnt care what the winds were doing on marginal days. It gave him a false sense of confidence. He normally takes a week off and hunts solid, well this past year after that week, we saw zero deer in our woods. Now clearly not everyone is like that, but that was our experience with ozonics.
Scentcrusher, a lot of my friends and myself have the duffle bag. Never have noticed anything negative, and saw more big deer on our properties. Never would I be in a blind with any of them. I ran the "ozone go" in my truck once while driving to the woods after eating fast food on a quick hunt..our throats were so sore after that we stated never again would we do that..

How do you ozone the smell of your hair or the sweat coming from your pores ? I'm sure it helps, but id rather spend the money on more stands for different winds.

The more I tried to be scent free the more I got busted, hence the more it sucked. Now I firmly play the winds, cross winds and thermals, and let the random cards fall as they may. Getting busted once in awhile makes the game more exciting IMO.

I'm not completely sure how the ozone in your clothes (talking about scent crusher, not ozonics) will help eliminate your body odors from face, hands, breath, etc. My routine last year was to use scent crusher for my clothes and then I would wet/wash my hands and face with Carbon Synergy (that stuff is awesome by the way) and I was good to go. I can honestly say I didn't get busted once last year. I had a couple of times where deer smelled and saw my decoy and that made them nervous and they ran off but other than that, deer that got downwind of me would stick their nose up in the air and try to figure out what they were smelling but wouldn't spook or run off.

Smoke, use a bee smoker and you'll be good to go. Naturally antimicrobial!!

I used a smoker the year before last and it did improve my results over just spraying down, it didn't come close to being as effective as ozone. For me anyway.

We have an eco washer ozone unit that attaches to your washer. They also make room units called an oxi-leaf mini, they are identical to the scent crusher stuff. We've had our stuff for 2+ years now.

Hunt the wind, evercalm on the backside of the tree. I haven't washed my outer layer since new (over 5 years ago):D. Might all just be in my head but the blow hards have laid off drastically since I've adopted this program.

Last edited:
Hunt the wind, evercalm on the backside of the tree. I haven't washed my outer layer since new (over 5 years ago):D. Might all just be in my head but the blow hards have laid off drastically since I've adopted this program.
Using a smoker, the wind is never an issue:)

Ozone generators.....
I think a little education needs to be set in place with these things...... if you understand some basics of chemistry and the way Ozone works and the purpose of it. Ozone is an UNSTABLE adsorbing (not absorbing) chemical compound that creates various chemical reactions that results in many by-products that are toxic to the human body. It's main purpose is binding itself to harmful radiation caused by sunlight which helps dampen UV rays to a tolerable level for living organisms on the planet. All of this occurs in the stratosphere way above our little heads. Not at earths surface. These machines may potentially dampen SOME human scent and can be effective for scent elimination on clothing if used inside a bag for extended periods of time at high enough levels of concentration. But the use of an ozone machine as a scent blocker in the outdoors is like peeing in an ocean. by the time a chemical reaction has taken place to bind to the gasses and by-products released by the human body, they have already traveled a distance that would deem this product ineffective. Especially with its use in an outside environment where gasses disperse exponentially. In other words, it's like trying to throw a dump truck full of feathers into the wind and expecting some magical device to capture all the feathers individually before they all blow away. It's not realistic. It is being advertised as if it were the ghostbusters muon pack. The amount of ozone it would take to effectively neutralize the scent of your body caused by gasses and by products released by the human body (not talking about breaking wind here) into an ambient atmosphere such as the outdoors would be extremely toxic and dangerous. The product claims to abide by the standards of OSHA, NIOSH and EPA, yet none of these organizations approve ozone "cleansing" products because they are deemed unsafe. They simply have standards of what is deemed an unsafe amount of ozone based off of parts per million. This is beside the fact that ozone DOES NOT ELIMINATE ODORS, but rather deadens the scent receptors of biological organisms. In other words, it is doing the same exact thing as your scent blocker or cover scent, just in a more expensive and much less effective method. The by products caused by combustion of carbon based materials (such as wood) have similar effects of binding to by products as ozone does. The difference is carbon based olfactory (scent) receptor blockers are stable compounds that will be non reactive without an extreme source of energy. ozone is an unstable compound and will only be effective until another stable molecule with a an ionic attraction to oxygen comes along. The ozone will react and become other products such as water molecules, hydrogen gas, oxides, sulfur dioxide(toxic to humans) Along with many other oxygen based molecule.

Top Bottom