Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Party hunting law?

I can't really clear anything up in terms of what does and does not constitute party hunting, but I HATE it when the laws are ambiguous and the actual interpretation can vary from officer to officer, etc. Why does it seem that this is way more common with game laws?

Ambiguity is rampant in hunting/fishing/trespassing laws. Do you have a legal tag for the appropriate season, appropriate weapon, appropriate orange outerwear, hunting the same ground with permission? All good then move on and have some fun. You’re splitting hairs in my opinion. Was stopped and checked this wkd, CO was great, did his job in a nice manor, shared several laughs with him and we were good to go, had a fun hunt. This whole I don’t agree with party hunting gets old, others do and it’s legal so move on and enjoy hunting how you like and let others do same. Shotgun hunting is what got me into deer hunting, I don’t go every year, sometimes go LM or nothing other then bow but I enjoy all three and feel the same gratification when a deer is harvested with any of the three weapons. The folks I hunt with are great people, obey laws and property lines, happy for each other when successful and enjoy just spending the time together. Shotgunning is a different means of reaching the same end.

The deer camp was really fun for us. We have resident/NR involved. We shot 2 bucks, 2 does on a total of 460 acres, barely made a dent in population.... When you see 40-50 deer per evening. I can assure all of you that we spent plenty of money in Iowa, had a good time, I see nothing but win-win.

Top Bottom