Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Peep sight ?????

joebell

I have a quick question concerning peep sights, any help would be greatly appreciated. I shoot left-handed (and do everything else lefty as well), however my right eye is dominant. I have always shot with no peep sight and both eyes open, and have been very effective. I have tried a peep sight several different times but cannot seem to make it work. I can't get the bow sighted in, I shoot left of my target every time no matter what kind of adjustments I make. Is this in my head
smile.gif
does it have something to do with my right eye being dominant, or some other factor I am overlooking? I can't seem to figure it out, any thoughts you might have would be welcomed. This is a great sight, keep up the great posts
JB

Years ago when I shot tournaments, I knew a guy with the same problem as your's. He solved it by wearing a patch. Looked like a pirate but it worked. My question to you is, if you have been effective shooting without a peep with both eyes open, why go to a peep. Every year I hear horror stories of people missing a deer because they couldn't see through the peep because of low light or poor alignment. Your choice, have fun and practice whatever you decide. Jay

Shovelbucks friend had the right idea when he used the patch. This is why it worked so well for him and will more than likely answer your question to shooting left all the time. Often times more than none, if you use both eyes open you will see two ends of the pin your looking at. If your using the darker one of the two your wrong. It's forcing you to bring the bow to the left to line up what you think is the right pin end. All your arrows will shoot left. Don't adjust anything on your bow and close one eye when shooting ( or cover it ) I'm sure you'll see the arrows will come back to the right a bit. I hope I explained this the right way as to be understood what I meant. It's the same thing Shovelbucks friend accomplished by using the patch.

Thanks for the replies guys. I just wanted to confirm my thoughts. Shovelbuck I think your right "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"
Thanks Again
JB

Top Bottom