Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

PowerBelt Muzzleloader Bullets

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
Does any one have any experience using these bullets? I am looking to maybe try some in my frontloader this fall... I am not interested in longrange shooting.... max. of 50 yards... iron-sights in heavy cover. I just want something easy to load, relatively accurate, and plenty of knock-down power.
waytogo.gif

I have shot them for target practice, but never on deer. They shoot decent but not as good as my other sabots. I was going for groups at 100 yards. Friends of mine use them out west where you can't shoot a sabot. He piled up an elk with them. I think for you want they will do a wonderful job. They go down the barrel easy, have knock down power and are pretty accurate - especially at 50 yards or under.

Good luck.
waytogo.gif

I am trying some 295 grainer 50 caliber this year for my first year in Muzzleloading. They grouped very well for me at 100yds.

They fit your criteria perfectly.
waytogo.gif
I've shot the .50 cal 245 gr HP Copper Clads and they did fine.

As per my post from the other day, I've had good groups at 100 yds and dropped a big doe in her tracks at 35 yds. using 295 gr. copper-clad hollowpoint in front of 2- 50 gr. Pyrodex pellets. They pack a whallop.

Threebeards

Threebeards, I also shoot a .295 with 2 powder pellets. I hit a huge doe last year at about 12 yards and it knocked her right off her feet, POWERFUL! I shot an 8 pointer 2 years ago at 85 yards dead through the heart with the same load. They shoot very well through my CVA Mag Hunter up to 100 yards. I have never shot them further than that.

I think the bullets use to be sold as black belt bullets (or something close to that) We shot the 50 caliber 444 grain bullet with black powder sighted in at a 100 yds open sights for elk in CO in 1999. Leaves a big hole and lots of stopping power. I would say max range was about 125 yds. I haven't change the set up except to put the scope back on for deer here in IA. I had shot 45 cal 245 grain sabots in the past and was not that impressed with the hole they left or the knock down. They did have an extended range though.

Thanks guys for all the input!!!! I think I will pick up a pack of power belt bullets and give them a whirl at the range.....

Top Bottom