Prime rib recipe's

Discussion in 'Food Corner' started by wapsi-bottom-BP, Nov 27, 2018.

1. wapsi-bottom-BP

wapsi-bottom-BP Member

Looking for an easy (slap your momma it's so good) prime rib recipe.. I have a 10lb boneless prime rib roast I plan on doing for xmas dinner! I have a digital electrical smoker, would prefer not to have to fire it up, but I will if need be.. thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Hardwood11

Hardwood11 Well-Known Member

Same plan here prime rib for Christmas, I want to cook mine on the pellet grill...I'd like to see some recipes/ideas.

4. arm

arm Leg

Let's Eat thread has one from Ishi. It's great

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5. Willie

Willie PMA Member

If you have a kettle grill, like a Weber 22", I'd highly recommend an indirect cook. I've done several prime ribs this way.

One of the most important steps is to let the meat come to room temp or close to it. I take room temperature butter and create a butter coating over the entire prime rib. Don't be stingy - I used 3 sticks of butter per whole PR. Then I liberally season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Once you think you have it seasoned throw some more on - it's a big piece of meat! I don't think a cut like prime rib needs any other seasoning than S&P but that's my preference so add/use what you like.

To grill I place lit coals on either side of the grill and put an aluminum pan in the middle to catch the drippings. Place meat directly over pan and keep your grill 350-400 degrees. Don't be scared of the higher heat - it will create an amazing crust on the outside.

I pull the PR when the middle internal temp reaches 125 degrees and then tent foil and rest for 30 minutes - temps will creep up 10 degrees or so while resting. People who like rare/med rare will love the middle cuts and the people who like medium will enjoy the end cuts. Once cut I pour the pan drippings over for a little extra flavor.

Ishi and breckhawk like this.