Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pull behind tiller

Tmayer13

Anyone have a pull behind tiller? I have been looking at them but really have no idea what is good or bad. Looking to pull behind an ATV. They arent cheap by any means so i want to make sure i get a decent one
thanks!

I experimented with the DR pull behind. I ended up returning for a refund. It scuffed the ground up a bit but didn't "till" and was quite ineffective when the ground didn't have soil moisture.......which seems to be the standard these days. The GroundHog Disc does about the same job but is faster and is way less expensive plus it's fun to fly around your plots while discing.

Although I have not used one, MNSlick's experience seems like what you would experience. I think you would need some beefy weight or down force to cause the tiller to "dig" and I don't think you would get that with a pull behind.

The DR was actually the one i was looking at. Maybe I should look into a disk? Maybe i would be better with he dual gang king kutter or something similar...anyone have experience with one of those?

The DR was actually the one i was looking at. Maybe I should look into a disk? Maybe i would be better with he dual gang king kutter or something similar...anyone have experience with one of those?

I still have, although I rarely use it nowadays, a good disk for my ATV. That can work too, but since my ATV is smaller, a 350cc I think, I had to kind of "feather" things so I didn't overheat the ATV. If you are using a disk much, I think you want to be in the 600cc on up range.

I still have, although I rarely use it nowadays, a good disk for my ATV. That can work too, but since my ATV is smaller, a 350cc I think, I had to kind of "feather" things so I didn't overheat the ATV. If you are using a disk much, I think you want to be in the 600cc on up range.
My plots are really already established, might resize them but not a heck of alot of new sod to bust. So ill be going over previously worked ground. What kind of disk do you have?

My plots are really already established, might resize them but not a heck of alot of new sod to bust. So ill be going over previously worked ground. What kind of disk do you have?

I have one just like the one in the linked thread below, it has performed well for us, although I don't use it much these days. Established plots are a big help too and depending on your soil type, that could be a big variable too. Where I am, the soils are heavy on the clay side and even where there has been previous plantings, things can get pretty firm on top. The area where my farm is has been in the drought zone for the past 2 years at least, so that doesn't help either. Your results may vary. :)

https://www.iowawhitetail.com/forum/threads/king-kutter-atv-disc.57665/

Top Bottom