Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Radix opinions

CurtisWalker

Has anybody had the chance to test out the Radix cameras yet, from what I've seen they look to take awesome photos and are relatively on the cheap side of cameras. Just looking for personal experience and opinions. Thanks.

Just read about them. They only require 4 AA batteries......I like that, just hope the batteries last. Two year warranty is nice also.
Anxious to hear from people who have tried them.

I havent used the cameras at all, but Clifford Martin seems to know his stuff and SEEMS to be a good guy from the very little I know of him via Facebook. Id venture to say he didn't create something that's junk and will take care of any issues that arise.

They are also doing one of the best giveaways I have seen in the hunting industry... $1 spent on a product = 1 entry

Can win some big time deer hunts, cams and other awesome stuff.

LYON: You are correct. Clifford is definitely a stand up guy and the pictures speak for themselves.

Next camera that breaks, Radix will be the camera of choice for sure. I can't give a true opinion as I don't have one yet, but from what I have seen and knowing Clifford, pretty sure they are the real deal!

The cameras I have running so far have been great. I had an operator error with one, but purely on me. They are very easy to deal with, notify of firmware updates if needed, and the cameras are just tiny. Mine have taken VERY few blank photos, otherwise they are some very high quality pictures. I run 4 lithium batteries in them to get the most life. Mine have hung for about a 5-7 weeks roughly, taken about 15,000 pictures per camera, and with the lithiums are holding strong. I can upload some pictures later after a few work meetings

The cameras I have running so far have been great. I had an operator error with one, but purely on me. They are very easy to deal with, notify of firmware updates if needed, and the cameras are just tiny. Mine have taken VERY few blank photos, otherwise they are some very high quality pictures. I run 4 lithium batteries in them to get the most life. Mine have hung for about a 5-7 weeks roughly, taken about 15,000 pictures per camera, and with the lithiums are holding strong. I can upload some pictures later after a few work meetings
Please do and thanks for the review

If you guys could tell us more about the Radix cameras. I've never heard of them till now.
One question I have can they be locked with a Python lock? I like my camera locked up and to the tree. Thanks

If you guys could tell us more about the Radix cameras. I've never heard of them till now. Thanks
They are a new company, started by a friend of mine. They are based in Milton, IA. The owner used to work for a couple different trail camera companies, and is very knowledgeable about cameras in general. The cameras are "sub compact", and are tiny little things, smaller than a smartphone or wallet. That means the processors are smaller, which means it takes less power per trigger to operate, allowing the camera to run off of only 4 AA batteries, and achieve the same battery life as a larger camera that takes 8 or 12 batteries (20k pics avg using Lithium). Currently there are 2 models, the PS-1, which is a no-glow (black flash), and the PS-2 (low-glow IR). Personally, I have not seen a huge benefit of the no glow over the low glow, and the low glow takes slightly better night pics. both cameras are 12mp. One thing that really sets the cameras apart is the image sensor. Some people have criticized that some of the early morning/late evening pics look dark. The reason for that is because Radix cameras have a shorter transition period, where they will take daylight pics longer than most cameras before switching to IR. The pics sometimes appear darker because they are a truer representation of the actual colors you would see. A lot of cameras (especially lower mp ones) tend to show pics that appear brighter than what the environment actually was. This is why some cameras have an issue with washout during transition phase photos. They use microSD cards instead of standard SD, which is again by design in order to be able to run effectively off of 4 batteries. They are password protect enabled, have time lapse and timer mode, 1080p video with sound (which works simultaneously with taking pics), burst mode, and have a 2 year warranty. Feature wise, they are honestly comparable to Reconyx (I can say this objectively as I own several Reconyx cams as well) while being much more cost effective. Reconyx are obviously made in USA and have the lifetime warranty. Radix are manufactured in China. The image quality is actually much better than my Reconyx cams (If Reconyx have a weak point this has always been it). There is also a Gen-500 camera currently scheduled to release in late August. It is 16mp and has a wide angle lens. It will run off of 6 batteries, and is slightly larger than the PS series.

They are a new company, started by a friend of mine. They are based in Milton, IA. The owner used to work for a couple different trail camera companies, and is very knowledgeable about cameras in general. The cameras are "sub compact", and are tiny little things, smaller than a smartphone or wallet. That means the processors are smaller, which means it takes less power per trigger to operate, allowing the camera to run off of only 4 AA batteries, and achieve the same battery life as a larger camera that takes 8 or 12 batteries (20k pics avg using Lithium). Currently there are 2 models, the PS-1, which is a no-glow (black flash), and the PS-2 (low-glow IR). Personally, I have not seen a huge benefit of the no glow over the low glow, and the low glow takes slightly better night pics. both cameras are 12mp. One thing that really sets the cameras apart is the image sensor. Some people have criticized that some of the early morning/late evening pics look dark. The reason for that is because Radix cameras have a shorter transition period, where they will take daylight pics longer than most cameras before switching to IR. The pics sometimes appear darker because they are a truer representation of the actual colors you would see. A lot of cameras (especially lower mp ones) tend to show pics that appear brighter than what the environment actually was. This is why some cameras have an issue with washout during transition phase photos. They use microSD cards instead of standard SD, which is again by design in order to be able to run effectively off of 4 batteries. They are password protect enabled, have time lapse and timer mode, 1080p video with sound (which works simultaneously with taking pics), burst mode, and have a 2 year warranty. Feature wise, they are honestly comparable to Reconyx (I can say this objectively as I own several Reconyx cams as well) while being much more cost effective. Reconyx are obviously made in USA and have the lifetime warranty. Radix are manufactured in China. The image quality is actually much better than my Reconyx cams (If Reconyx have a weak point this has always been it). There is also a Gen-500 camera currently scheduled to release in late August. It is 16mp and has a wide angle lens. It will run off of 6 batteries, and is slightly larger than the PS series.
Thanks for the info.
What is the price range of these 2 cameras? Also where are they for sale?

Thanks for the info. I drive through Milton quite frequently. Nice to see a Iowa company producing a quality product.
Can they be locked up?

Thanks for the info. I drive through Milton quite frequently. Nice to see a Iowa company producing a quality product.
Can they be locked up?
The current models do not accept a python cable, but a lock box is currently being produced and should be available soon.

Top Bottom