Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage Broadheads

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
With all Rage posts on here saying they are junk let me know what u have and a price. 100 gr. 3 blade. Regular heads or chisel tips. Thanks

my 100 crain chisel tip rage opened 2 of 3 blades on a perfect shot at 25 yards and the deer traveled 40 yards maybe, i like the looks of the 2 blade better but tried the three this year. i love the way they fly and come with a practice tip.

Ive never used the rage myself, but have seen my dad shoot the biggest buck of his life and a doe with rage, the buck went 70 yards on a high lung and the doe less than 20 yrds. If anyone wants to sell some rages for cheap ill buy them also

Rage = Feeling i felt after looking for two deer that my out of state clients shot! Both shots were right in the boiler room but did not get a pass through!

Sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. So why risk it? Use a broadhead that has a better reputation. Rage tend to fail from opening, they are also known to deflect off the ribs more than any other head, and they definately have the least amount of penetration! Watch all the TV shows that shoot Rage and you tell me how many get a pass thru. Maybe 5-10%.

Rage = Feeling i felt after looking for two deer that my out of state clients shot! Both shots were right in the boiler room but did not get a pass through!

You don't need a pass through to kill a deer. If they were "right in the boiler room" a field tip would've killed them :D After shooting a bunch of deer and a couple of turkeys with them my only two complaints are 1) They're too expensive 2) You have to reset the blades when they come out of the quiver sometimes. Awesome penetration and fantastic blood trails. I too will offer to buy any new 2 or 3 blade heads for 50 cents on the dollar...negotiable :way:

NWBuck

I'm getting too old to enjoy long blood trails. Longest since switching to Rage has been 50 yards. Only one that failed to pass through was a doe I spined. My fault, not the broadhead. Anyone have crossbow Rage for sale cheap? I'll take em...

I have shot over 40 deer in the last 5 years with my bow and I get a complete pass through 90% of the time using the 2 blade rage. Before you get too excited most of those were taken in the population management zone in the city of Muscatine.

I have shot over 40 deer in the last 5 years with my bow and I get a complete pass through 90% of the time using the 2 blade rage. Before you get too excited most of those were taken in the population management zone in the city of Muscatine.

I would hate to see your bill for replacement blades. I shot the 2-blade one year and at least half the blades broke after the shot. That is why I shoot fixed blades... wash off the blood, re-sharpen, and put them back in the quiver.

I'm getting too old to enjoy long blood trails. Longest since switching to Rage has been 50 yards. Only one that failed to pass through was a doe I spined. My fault, not the broadhead. Anyone have crossbow Rage for sale cheap? I'll take em...

I might have a couple 125 grain cross bow rages to sell in a couple weeks. I had elbow surgery this year so I got a temporary cross bow permit but plan on going back to my compound bow once the Doc gives me the OK. I already got my buck tag filled and not sure if I will get out to light up some slick heads or not. I might have two left over that will go unused and wouldn't mind getting a little $ for them. FYI: I had a complete pass through the shoulder and watched the deer fall. great entry and exit wounds and no issues with them deploying.

My question for the "rage haters", is why did you try them in the first place? If your muzzy's(or whatever fixed bald you use) are so "bad to the bone" then why did you try to fix something that wasn't broken? Obviously your fixed blade wasn't perfect or you wouldn't have "bought into the rage hype." I'm not badmouthing any broadhead because I think, as long as they fly strait, they all get the job done. I use rage because they fly like my field tips. I know, I know, "tune your bow the right way and any head will fly like a field point." I tried to do that and never got it work and I cant justify wasting a day screwing with it when I can just buy rage. I cant justify having to re-sight my bow for a fixed blade head when rage works just fine and flies just like my field points. Call me lazy but it works for me and I have yet to lose a deer that wasn't my fault. In the 6 years I have used rage i have only lost two deer(one doe and one buck) and both were hit high. Complete lack of execution and controlling my nerves on my part. My buddies and I have killed many deer with rage and all tracking jobs were easy( if at all because they fall with in sight)

This thread sucks. How many times do we have to go thru the same discussion :confused:

I know I added to it :rolleyes:

I'm going to say at once a year for how many time this discussion pops up. I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will admit to being entertained by all the rage haters and rage lovers. This gets better than most political debates! :way:

YtailFreak said:
Sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. So why risk it? Use a broadhead that has a better reputation. Rage tend to fail from opening, they are also known to deflect off the ribs more than any other head, and they definately have the least amount of penetration! Watch all the TV shows that shoot Rage and you tell me how many get a pass thru. Maybe 5-10%.

I have had one since I started shooting them not pass thru and I watched that doe die from the tree. Thats over 20 deer. There are a lot of factors in rages not getting pass throughs. One of the biggest is the wrong spined arrow. I dont base a heads performance off a tv show.

I used rage on 3 deer. Haha I only bought one package. I had one of them not pass through because it hit the spine. Never had an issue with them. This year I bought the shwackers. Killed one deer so far. I don't know why everybody argues rage vs non rage.

Think about the facts. The chisel tipped rages have a bigger "body" than most broad heads. So yes, it takes a little more energy to get a pass through compared to most other broad heads because there is extra energy being used to push that wide bodied broad head through. This is pretty much common sense. And the rage isnt going to "bite" on a quartering shot because that chisel tip has more surface area trying to force through. On the other hand, any well placed shot with any broad head will kill a deer within sight from your stand. That big bodied rage puts serious holes in deer that I have yet to see from another broad head, which makes awesome blood trails. But other broad heads slice through deer more easily. It's all a balancing act. With rage, you either no pass through, or you get an exit hole the size of a half dollar. If you aren't confident in your shot placement, maybe rage isn't for you. If you shoot less than 60 lbs, don't shoot rage. If you feel like youd take a risky quartering shot on a giant buck, again, dont shoot rage. It's pretty simple folks.

Last edited:
INative said:
I used rage on 3 deer. Haha I only bought one package. I had one of them not pass through because it hit the spine. Never had an issue with them. This year I bought the shwackers. Killed one deer so far. I don't know why everybody argues rage vs non rage.

Think about the facts. The chisel tipped rages have a bigger "body" than most broad heads. So yes, it takes a little more energy to get a pass through compared to most other broad heads because there is extra energy being used to push that wide bodied broad head through. This is pretty much common sense. And the rage isnt going to "bite" on a quartering shot because that chisel tip has more surface area trying to force through. On the other hand, any well placed shot with any broad head will kill a deer within sight from your stand. That big bodied rage puts serious holes in deer that I have yet to see from another broad head, which makes awesome blood trails. But other broad heads slice through deer more easily. It's all a balancing act. With rage, you either no pass through, or you get an exit hole the size of a half dollar. If you aren't confident in your shot placement, maybe rage isn't for you. If you shoot less than 60 lbs, don't shoot rage. If you feel like youd take a risky quartering shot on a giant buck, again, dont shoot rage. It's pretty simple folks.

Couldn't agree with you more. 2 shots with rage = 2 dead deer for me. Actually followed the last blood trail with the naked eye from stand to expired deer 40 yards away. Never had any issues but that's just me. Shoot what makes you happy.

If you don't like them, don't shoot them.

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom