Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rain Gear

risto2351

What is everyone using for rain gear when they are out West elk hunting.

Looking for something that will not break the bank.

I got my gear at the local Sportsman's Warehouse down in Phoenix back in 2003. I'd have to dig it up to see what the brand name/style is, but I was on a budget then. I got it the night before I left for my first elk hunt and it turned out great because we got rain, snow, and sleet all on the hike in and rain the first morning. When is your hunt? I don't think we overlap and I'd be willing to loan you mine if you are interested (assuming sizes match, of course).

I just bought the sitka stormfront lite. Sitka has discontinued it so you can find it onsale online. Limited sizes though. Have not had the chance to test it but had a friend that used it last year and said its top notch. It would be great if you were elk hunting because of it's lightweight and packability. It's a gore tex shell so I was told you can shake it off and put it right back in your pack and it wont get everything wet. Easy to get on and off also with zippers that go all the way up the legs.

Top Bottom