Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rare!!!!! 5 year old Apple & pear trees for sale...

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
RARE OPPORTUNITY!!!! 5 year old apple & pear trees for sale. FIRST COME, 1st serve!!!! These will go fast, I promise- FYI. I’m selling the extras I have for less $ than I have into growing them for 5 years!!! $150/each. U pick up. First come, first serve & this might never happen again. (There’s one southern grower that sells them for $250-600 depending on size!). This will save someone a decade vs growing in wild.
I need EASY BUTTON on buyers- pick them up & plant away. Ideally folks who know how hard it is to start a 1 year old apple or pear out or maybe the guy who has lost most of them.
We can load them up. These are coming out as we speak. All info u could need:
1) grown in rootmaker bags. https://rootmaker.com/rootmaker-system Take bag off & 95% of root system is there & will go nuts growing
2) variety of apples. Very good disease resistance. Grab a few ideally. Same with pears. All staggered to drop a little later. Trust me on what’s there. Grab a variety & know it’s good!!! Examples, apples: Liberty, enterprise, redfree, Arkansas black, empire, goldrush, etc. pear: kieffer, Shenandoah, Seckel, etc.
3) grown on EMLA-111 rootstock & these are 10x better than the tiny dwarf trees you buy at menards, etc.
4) grown in Iowa!!!! Babied!!! Pruned, branches trained, irrigated & sprayed. I can supply all info on care later.
5) these pics look rough as the trees are fresh out of the ground. I’m not going to “pretty them up” as it does nothing with a new shiny bag. They are ready to go in trailer - u pull down road & plant as able.
6) any smaller ones or ones with dents and dings- those are trees I’ll keep for myself. The best ones are ones I’ll let folks grab.
7) 10 trees minimum would be ideal but flexible. At that- that’s less $ than a guy would spend on a Bow that’s set up.
8. ) yes- I have more than $150 into these. Landscapers sell 5 year old generic trees for $200-500 & cut the root systems off most the time. This is a steal. I’ve had 6-8 part time guys plus myself working on these for years.
YOU ARE BUYING TIME & QUALITY!!!!
First come, first serve until they are gone. If you’re a quick, easy going & know basics of trees- come get em! .
9) I have a friend down there now working. I likely will get u directions to farm & he will be there to load them up. I will give u his #.

Southern iowa- 45 mins s of Des Moines. Easy to do.
Skipsligh@hotmail.com
*some pics are of growing trees previously.

1287a74792762fe3bb63220212c9759e.jpg
e2ca6be76d28aa206f783c0d91ce530b.jpg
b89f4ca90dc6f4628c94bee64fc35001.jpg
585f53f77a3268f794f318ec1fd8ed1c.jpg
df5022cd56386e5ee93a7bdc70f6eb83.jpg
9102334040ad3ff05e3289f1dfcb5c37.jpg

Skip your 5 hours from my farm or we would be best buddies....Id love get my hands on a few of them they look great..

Got all mine planted & got about 3-4 more years in pipeline to add - some each year Some bigger than others but pretty cool spraying these last week & seeing tops 8-14’ tall. 1st time in 20 years I believe I’ll plant apple & pear trees to actually see them peak out & produce. (Last time I was close, sold farms in SE iowa when I got married). Hard work is done!

^^^^^^^^ you did it right!
Skip and I have talked about this but I've planted a few hundred last 5 years and all but a couple dozen are on farms I don't own anymore. Good for wildlife and farms were improved so gives me that satisfaction at least. Taking Skip's approach going forward, but at like 5% the volume! Haha Trees are ordered for 2020. Bulk of order will be Liberty, Arkansas black, and enterprise. Good spread of maturity dates and all cedar rust resistant.

I’ve planted a good many apple trees in southeastern Iowa over the last 12 years. I think this is the way to go compared to 1 year old trees. I bought a few from the southern grower Skip mentioned and they’ve done well. Just my 2 cents. They all need care, however, and if a person can’t spend some time when it’s needed during the year, I think it’s better to tube some oaks and go that route. Regardless, it’s a valuable and rewarding experience to plant and grow a tree!

I will have some this spring. I am gonna “guess” I won’t need to post much. ;). So- if want some- lemme know!! They will for sure all get gobbled up. Sooner the better if folks want me set some aside.

Top Bottom