Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Remington Accutip Slug Ballistics?

meatcleaver

meatcleaver
I'm looking for some ballistics for Remington Accutip Slugs , 20 gauge , 2 3/4, 260 grain. Im probably going to set my zero at 100 yards. I would like ballistics out to 200 yards if anyone has them. I'm shooting a Savage 20 gauge Slug gun. Just wanted to have an idea before I start shooting. Slugs are pretty expensive. Thanks

You should be able to find this by googling it. But for a rough start, I shoot 1900 fps sabots. Now before anyone gets into different ballistic coefficients, I realize they matter, but for a sabot slug inside 200 yards, not a lot. If I sight in 2" high at 100 yards I can shoot a deer without any hold over to about 150 yards. After that they are dropping like a rock. At 200 yards if I hold right on the line of their back it drops right into the vitals. For me that is a marginally ethical shot with a shotgun though. I've only shot that far at a deer once and it worked but only with a solid rest and perfect broadside shot.

Go here:
https://images.remington-catalog.com/573cd0229b967

I'm sure you know that every barrel is different. They can be picky about what slugs they like.

I hunt with a Rossi single-shot slug gun. I really wanted to use the Remington Premier Accu-Tips since they were the newest/hottest item at the time. For some reason I just could not get a good grouping with them. However, my gun groups very well with Remington Copper Solid sabot slugs. (I suspect the barrel twist of my gun doesn't like the slightly higher velocity of the Accu-Tips.)

I learned this by experimenting with a number of different premium slugs. And yes, it was quite expensive.

You may want to go to some Savage forums and see what others with that same model are having success with.

I shoot 200 grain SST, but out of a smokeless setup and the results are devastating.... last doe I shot last year... looking thru scope... blood spraying 3' horizontal

I have the ame setup savage 220 260gr 23/4 accutips with a leupold ultimate slame shotgun muzzleloader scope my bdc redical with my zoom set between the two dots and 4 power is spot on my zero is 100 yrds i would say at 200 they r prolly dropping 1ft and at 300 they r dropping right around 3ft you really have to play the wind at 300 i had a 5mph wind right to left and i feel like they were getting pished 1ft to the left at 200 yrds i didnt notice the push to the left as much cant post pictures otherwise i would show u my bdcs and scope zoom n my targets from las weekend 2 at 100 were touching 200 they were probably in a 6 inch group at 300 they were 61/2 inchs apart but about 1ft left hope this helps i would highly recomend this setup with that scope.

Reactions: arm
Top Bottom