Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Riviera Maya

nwhawk

Guys I'm heading to Riviera Maya in April of this year and have been looking at fishing charters... We're looking for more of a bottom fishing where we'll catch a bunch of fish and can have some drinks. Not looking for the Marlin type deal. We're wanting action. Do any of you have recommendations on which charter you've had success with? ANY advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance!!

Never been to Riviera Maya but I have fished the gulf several times. Spanish Mackeral are abundant and great eating. If you get into Dolphin those are even more fun and you won't find better eating than that. Most charters you should be able to dicker for price. At least I was able to in the past. Have fun...............

Where are you staying? We stayed in cancun and fished out of Aquaworld. We fished for sailfish and they busted tail and did awesome. All 5 of us caught one. Only complaint was they were very pushy wanting you to get your catch mounted.

We fished out of a place south of there toward playa (can't remember the name) and it wasn't near as good. We bottom fished and caught some, but mainly triggerfish and banana fish. (Ocean bluegills and suckers).

Good luck and post pics!

Besides fishing, if you get the chance to snorkel give it a shot. We did and had a blast. Was within a few feet of some big barracudas.

Top Bottom