RM18 on round up ready corn????

Discussion in 'Whitetail Management' started by Garrett2006, Jun 8, 2020.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Garrett2006

Garrett2006 New Member

Planted round up ready corn couple weeks ago. All corn is up around 8–12”. We have had loads of rain, o top of the field was speed with chicken litter before planting. So, the weeds & grass started to get out of control. Sprayed the corn this past Sunday (yesterday). Well today (Monday) it’s got brown dead looking spots on the leaves. Come to find out my buddy used RM18 a fast acting round up from tractor supply & Mixed sort of heavy. Do you guys think the corn will bounce back and be ok or will It continue to dye off? Used same corn last year & sprayed twice with 41% round up and didn’t do this. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. IowaBowHunter1983

IowaBowHunter1983 Super Moderator Staff Member

.... I'm thinking corn is smoked.

4. Lucky 13

Lucky 13 Member

not looking good.
    RM18 has only 18% glypho instead of 41% like a normal roundup. Not sure if there are other herbicides in the mix of RM18 but it looks to me like the corn took an extra heavy dose. Your buddy may have mixed way too heavy even with a lower % AI.

A couple weeks and you will know but at least you still have time to plant a different crop before season starts if needed.

5. LarryM

LarryM Member

RM18 also contains diquat dibromide. Me thinks the corn is toast.