Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rut Conspiracy?

Fishbonker

Life Member
When will the rut hit this year? Typically the rut is anywhere from the last week of October through the third week of November. How many weeks away is that? About 38-42. What else takes 38-42 weeks to happen?

What are all the couples doing at home during this "social distancing"?

My theory is that PETA, HSUS and several other groups created the corona to keep deer from being killed during the rut. If wives or significant others are giving birth during the rut then hunters aren't going to be sitting in trees killing innocent deer. It's self perpetuating because there will always be a birthday they can't miss during the rut as well.

I blame anti-hunters for the current corona situation.

It's medically impossible for my wife to get pregnant. And we're not practicing social distancing at home .

Maybe I’ll draw this year with 2 points?? Application period is only one month away.

Bonker, agreement or disagreement aside on NR bills, what happens to bills in limbo due to Rona? If NR tags increased this year I’d probably roll the dice with two points. If no increase I’ll buy my point. When will you know about pending legislation? Wondering your thoughts.

Bonker, agreement or disagreement aside on NR bills, what happens to bills in limbo due to Rona? If NR tags increased this year I’d probably roll the dice with two points. If no increase I’ll buy my point. When will you know about pending legislation? Wondering your thoughts.

What I have heard others say and that I agree with is when they come back, if they come back, only the big stuff will get floor time. What is big stuff? It is widely held that the sales tax increase isn't even going to be considered, and that's pretty big stuff in my opinion. So I doubt NR bills, wildlife disease bill, or blood tracking will even come up. The only way, in my opinion, that DNR bills as mentioned are voted on is if they are being considered in the dark so to speak. If deals are being made behind the scenes who knows what will happen.

I'd have to go back and look to see where bills are in the process but I've been avoiding that like the corona (Virus not beer. If I catch the corona it will probably be from a corona covered lime). I would think it's a pretty safe bet that if a bill isn't already eligible for debate it isn't going to be. When or if they do reconvene it is the opinion of many that it will be for a very short time.

Just my opinion for what it's worth, and it ain't worth much.

Think there might be more divorces than newborns in 38 weeks. On a positive note I Heard Iowa is following Nebraska and Idaho and closing its borders to nonresidents for the 2020 season in the name of public health safety.

Think there might be more divorces than newborns in 38 weeks. On a positive note I Heard Iowa is following Nebraska and Idaho and closing its borders to nonresidents for the 2020 season in the name of public health safety.

I assume you are talking about turkey hunting?

Turkeys and deer. Everyone keeps the same number as points for next year

I doubt Iowa would want to lose 5 million dollars. That would cause major layoffs. I was just in Iowa, you could hardly notice anything was shut down, plenty of vehicles on the road. 29 was busy

It will be nice not having NR storming the public this year for turkey and deer. Might lose the money for one year but increases the demand.

To CW and BBH88
d11560d569d7340237c67352e2c1f5d0.gif

I like itthis site needs some action!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkey begins Monday. I see no restrictions.
It’s all good! The ornery youngsters were just keeping you guys on your toes. It’s safe now to never say never.......
Who would have thought that
They would stop the sale of guns...
They stopped the right to mass gatherings....
They stopped the right to go to worship..
The told business to shut down.....
They put millions out of work....
The list goes on and yes bazaar times but yes I can’t wait to self isolate in the turkey blind! Everyone stay safe and healthy and hopefully it ends soon

Top Bottom