Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rye

risto2351

Is anyone else having a hard time finding rye grain this year?

I talked to our local mill and they said that it is in short supply this year?

Definitely must be because of the drought.

I had the same problem yesterday. Co-op says alot of farmers are going to double crop to regain losses. Rye is in short supply and demand has grown. I found some at a small feed store by chance. I was getting worried.

Got some from Welter Seed last week when Des Moines Forage & Turf finally admitted they were sold out through mid-Sept.

Thanks guys.

Sounds like I will have to make a few calls.

JJ, I wish they were open on weekends. Waukon Feed may also have it.

United Seeds also in Des Moines carries rye. You might try them as well. I bought mine a while ago, but they usually have it on hand.

Production is behind on rye, and there wasn't as many acres of it grown this year. Plus it is being used big time by farmers for forage for cattle with the shortage of pasture/hay this year.

Big Country Seeds in Tiffin, right off the interstate, had rye this afternoon, with more coming. They too are selling more than normal this year.

Big Country Seeds in Tiffin, right off the interstate, had rye this afternoon, with more coming. They too are selling more than normal this year.

We usually sell around a truck load a year bit this year we are selling it by the truck load.

Now if we can only get it all in.......

Top Bottom