Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Saddle Hunting

I also talked to Ernie at the tree saddle booth about running a HBS with a saddle. He said he put two slits in his HBs and ran two bridges on his saddle. That way he could stay connected with one bridge, put the HBS on, feed the other bridge through the slits and then disconnect the first bridge. He said he didn't have any real issues doing it this way.

I also talked to Ernie at the tree saddle booth about running a HBS with a saddle. He said he put two slits in his HBs and ran two bridges on his saddle. That way he could stay connected with one bridge, put the HBS on, feed the other bridge through the slits and then disconnect the first bridge. He said he didn't have any real issues doing it this way.

I am going to have to try this as the HBS is my go to cold weather hunting gear. I have been wanting to start saddle hunting for a few years now, but never pulled the trigger on buying one mainly because I don't want to hunt cold days without my HBS. However, I went ahead and ordered a saddle yesterday and will just have to either find a way to use the HBS with it, find other cold weather options, or just use my climber when it's cold.

Cabelas Saskatchewan Pac Boots completely solved that problem for me. I’ve had 3 buddies wear them & every single one has bought their own pair.[/QUOTE

THIS

I tried what I truly feel everything out there with various types of rubber boots and socks and liners to try and solve the cold feet issues when temps dipped below freezing. Rubber boots don’t breathe and after even a moderate hike with your gear your feet sweat. It’s not long after being up in the tree that the numb toes start happening and we all know how much that just flat sucks. I became fed up with numb toes ruining my cold weather hunts and invested in a pair of Cabelas Saskatchewan pac boots......game changer!! I don’t care how cold it gets now. With these boots I know I’m good.

041CBC3B-82F4-4720-9C44-ECE480E5525C.jpeg

Top Bottom