Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Security usage

JNRBRONC

Some of my trail cams are deployed as “security cams” on my properties and it has kind of paid off.

I visited one property back in September, one camera gone, the memory card pulled from another. I grabbed the card from a third and found 36 pictures of a couple in a pick up. They spent 3 hours that August Sunday morning, breaking into buildings, stealing items and I even got a pic of the guy with my Covert cam in his hand. Luckily, they did not see the most strategically placed security cam, an older Bushnell.

We paid a visit to the local Sheriff to fill out a report. He said the plates on the vehicle were likely stolen. He was impressed with the quality of the pics, saying they usually get noisy still frames from bad quality video surveillance cams. We noticed the outline of what I think was a 45 tucked in the guys waistband with the shirt pulled over it in back. If I had shown up that day, I probably would have blocked their vehicle in and started giving them attitude, attitude that would have changed if he pulled a gun. I choose not to carry and will think twice about such confrontations in the future.

The detective came out to document the scene, taking a broken window pane that had some visible fingerprints on it. They ran the prints and got a hit on a woman originally from Cedar Rapids who was previously arrested for a felony. We learned about this yesterday in a follow up call from the detective. It seems that the couple was arrested in Arizona recently for shoplifting and drug possession. The Iowa arrest warrant for our incident was not a serious enough crime for extradition, but will remain outstanding if they get pulled over in Iowa in the future visiting relatives. They also have outstanding warrants in another state.

I’d love to share pics, but it seems these days criminals almost have more rights than the average citizen and they are innocent until proven guilty . With the increase in use of cameras, hopefully people start thinking twice before doing such crap. It would have been nice to have a cell phone cam to alert me, as almost a month went by before I pulled the card. But then again, maybe lucky to have not confronted them. Maybe we would have gotten our stuff back, which was most likely sold for gas money to get to Az.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, what dirtbags. Between the charges at your place and stealing plates I'm kinda disappointed that they can't pursue them more. Hope they get busted.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wow!!! We just got a guy in our area too. Worth the few minutes to set them up. Wow. Hope they pinch em!!!

We got one this fall that was dumb enough to get his truck stuck next to our pond. Tough to get out of that one. Icing on the cake was the guy was barred from driving.

Not on camera but I came upon a car parked in the lane to my hunting spot a couple weeks ago. I pulled up beside it and there was a young man slumped over against the driver door with saliva running out of his mouth and foaming out his nose. I had to yell 3 times to get him to come to, right away I thought this guys over dosing on something. He snapped up and wipe the slobber off himself and I asked him if he was alright and he said yea, been a long day. I said it looks like you're over dosing and he said no man, I've been clean for two years. Of course I didn't believe him and when I checked 15 minutes later he was still there so I called 911. Four minutes later there was four troopers and an ambulance there. They said it was drug related, I felt bad calling the cops on him but I didn't want that on my conscience if he would have died, he survived.

Top Bottom