Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sevr broadheads

loneranger

Anyone have actual kill experience when these heads? I have used slick tricks for years. They fly great. I always figure 4 blades cutting tissue is better than 2. The Sevr however cuts a mighty big cut. The 2 inch may be a bit much but they have a 1.7 now. Lots of practice reviews. But not much experience with game. Thanks

I am using them. They fly amazingly well. This sounds strange but I think I get better arrow flight with them that my field tips.

So when I shot my buck I thought the penetration was bad. The deer ran off and it appeared as though most of my arrow was sticking out. I shoot 70 lb and deer was at 37 yards.

Deer only ran 50 yards and was dead. Upon inspection, the head was pushing on the hide on the back side of deer.

So... I'm not entirely sure at this point. 2.1" cut is devastating but penetration may be in question .

I actually read about them a good bit. Even though I have my BH’s set for what I’m shooting. Most made it sound like “an improved rage”. 2.1” had a few guys not liking penetration so they went to the next one down on size. But pry to be expected with big cut. Most folks seemed positive on them as far as mechanicals go.

Well Thanks. As you might remember I am using a Crossbow. Sorry to use that dirty word on this site. So I might not have to worry about penetration. Even with the 2 inch cut.

I killed a doe with a 1.5". Dropped her quick, blood trail was just ok. Too early to judge but I'm hoping for better blood trails.

I was looking into these. I could see if one of the blades was rotated and not fully opened upon the exit there could be a real small single blade cut that wouldn't provide a real good blood trail.

Top Bottom