Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SF 126 Lake Mcbride

Do you support SF 127 lake Mcbride motor size

• Yes

• No

• Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fishbonker

Life Member
This isn't deer hunting related but it has been a very hot topic in my area for many years. Currently on Lake Mcbride during summer months boats are restricted to 10hp max and no wake, between Labor Day and Memorial Day the motor size isn't restricted but the no wake is still in effect. This bill would allow unlimited engine size and no wake year around.

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/BillBook?ba=SF126&ga=87

Is it currently legal on Lake Mcbride for a fishing boat with both a 100hp outboard and a 10hp outboard to use the 10hp for propulsion at no wake speed while keeping the 100hp out of the water?

Is it currently legal on Lake Mcbride for a fishing boat with both a 100hp outboard and a 10hp outboard to use the 10hp for propulsion at no wake speed while keeping the 100hp out of the water?

I was under the impression you couldn't have the bigger motor on the boat, using it or not, but I could easily be mistaken.

After inheriting a very small boat with a 12 hp motor, I'd welcome the opportunity to take it to McBride and run it no wake all summer. Looked into buying a second 10 hp or under motor, but that is silly for the numbers of times I'd go fishing there.

I was under the impression you couldn't have the bigger motor on the boat, using it or not, but I could easily be mistaken.

After inheriting a very small boat with a 12 hp motor, I'd welcome the opportunity to take it to McBride and run it no wake all summer. Looked into buying a second 10 hp or under motor, but that is silly for the numbers of times I'd go fishing there.

Randy - FYI, back in the day when I fished some at MacBride, I know I saw big motors on boats, but the props were removed. I don't know if that is still Ok under the current regs or not.

You can have a big motor on your boat, and if you have a 9.9 kicker you can use that to get around. Really it's a dumb law that macbride has. It's a state owned lake that has its own set of rules, because a lot of rich people live on the lake especially in the summer months. I don't think it will ever change though, be nice if it did.

How the heck did I misspell Macbride?

Referred the Senate Natural Resources Committee, no subcommittee listed yet.

I've seen a lot of pontoon boats leaving large wakes on Macbride.

I think some of the boaters over there have bigger motors with 9.9 stickers on the side.
And yes the pontoons with the huge wakes?? You can't tell me a big motor at idle is doing more harm than those. I just shake my head when those pontoons go by and almost capsize my boat.

This bill is on the Senate debate calendar for Monday the 6th. This doesn't mean it will be debated and voted on Monday just that is has been placed on the calendar.

Top Bottom