Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SF 609, Appropriations amendment- LO tags

Fishbonker

Life Member
The floating LO tags bill was tabled in the House basically making the bill dead, but the author of the bill is putting an amendment on the DNR/IDALS appropriations bill SF609 that does the same thing his bill SF50 and SF198 did, making LO tags for turkey or deer season good for any season.

It is a stretch, in my opinion, that this is an appropriate amendment for an appropriations bill.

The link below is to the amendment and the bill.

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/BillBook?ba=SF609&ga=88

This is what's called a "Committee of the Whole" bill and does not need a subcommittee hearing. If you have an opinion on this bill it is best to contact your Senator and ask them to support your opinion.

It's my opinion that this Senator needs to learn that no means no.

Well, that didn't take long. The amendment was ruled not germane which means the president of the Senate ruled the amendment was not appropriate.

Remember in a few posts I've said watch out for bills that we thought were dead to resurface in an appropriations bill? This was one of them.

The same Senator also offered an amendment to this bill that would do away with the Conservation and Recreation Division Administrator, the Fisheries Bureau Chief and the Wildlife Bureau Chief. In his opening remarks for this amendment he called the three people by name, called them liars, cheats and a few other derogatory names, called for them to be fired and called for the acting director to be fired as well. He assassinated the characters of these men and without giving any other Senators a chance to rebuttal his remarks he withdrew the amendment.

This is not what I expect from a Senator. Perhaps he has problems with these individuals but to defame them on the floor of the Senate without a chance for rebuttal? Shame on you Senator Chapman. Iowa and the Iowans you defamed today deserve better.

Edit: Link to the amendmenthttps://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/BillBook?ga=88&ba=S-3134

Last edited:
Top Bottom