Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SHAD GUTS

sofakingfast_1

I bought 40 containers and figured id have plenty to last me the spring. Well i used my last 7 in a fishing tournament Saturday. Anyone know where i can get 2 or 300 dollars worth of shad guts? Id travel up to 2 hours. All bait shops around here are sold out. Tournament Saturday... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

The shad i can catch arent gizzard shad. Gizzard shad are the ones that are big and the guts work really good. Ive tried whole shad and the fish just suck the guts out of the cut shad. Shad guts work 100% better this time of year. In a month it will be a different story.

If you can use dip bait i would go with some Sonney's blood. It's the next best thing for channle's, and they are starting to hit it real good right now.

Just picked up a 5 gallon bucket of it from Sonny last week. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I use a 5 gallon bucket throughout the summer. He lives not too far from here so its pretty convenient. This time of year i could catch catfish on sonnys all day but the tournament this weekend is 6-fish limit so size matters and the bigger fish are hitting the gut.

My wife is having her gall-bladder removed next week. Think it would work for bait? Bonks????? Come on, I know you've tried it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aim-n-High</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is she heavy-set? How many fish could i catch off her guts? Lol JUST KIDDING JUST KIDDING </div></div>

She's pretty skinny so I'll see if Doc can find anything else in there she doesn't need. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Hmmmmm, gall bladder for bait, I suppose it depends if the bladder is full of gall or not. Gall is actually some pretty nasty stuff.

Once I had to have some blood drawn. I had a friend in the ER draw it and I had her draw several extra tubes. I took the tubes and mixed it in my blood bait. Never caught anything with it. I read a few months later that there is actually a natural ingredient in human blood that is a fish repelent. I found that hard to belive. How many people are eaten by sharks every year?

Strangest thing I have ever used as bait was a deer tounge. Never caught anyhting on that either. The locker I took my deer to that year cut it out and packaged it up. I used more to gross out my kids than anything.

Now if I was gonna use a body part to fish with, I think it would be a big toe with red nail polish. I'd try to use it like a hulla popper or a heddon "stick" in the reeds because a big pike will eat anything that is white and red. Swear to god they will. I tried to texas rig a finger once but it didn't work so well, bastard kept trying to swimm to the surface for air. Guess I shoulda used more weight.

The 'Bonker

Try to get a hold of "Scott's Outdoors" in Muscatine.. they are right next to GPC which is along the river. I used to go behind GPC and get a shit load of shad every year just after ice out where the hot water pipes pour into the river.. They might not have the shad guts at Scott's Outdoors, but chances are they can refer you to someone who does. There are a lot of people that go to that area to get the shad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AIRASSAULT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try to get a hold of "Scott's Outdoors" in Muscatine.. they are right next to GPC which is along the river. I used to go behind GPC and get a shit load of shad every year just after ice out where the hot water pipes pour into the river.. They might not have the shad guts at Scott's Outdoors, but chances are they can refer you to someone who does. There are a lot of people that go to that area to get the shad. </div></div>

AIRASSAULT you are the MAN! I called Scott's Outdoors last night. She said they had 39 of them left. So i rushed up there this morning before work and picked them up. Only an hour drive. I wasn't able to do any pre-fishing for the tournament tomorrow but if i didnt have shad guts i wouldnt even have a chance. Thanks a million brother!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aim-n-High</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AIRASSAULT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try to get a hold of "Scott's Outdoors" in Muscatine.. they are right next to GPC which is along the river. I used to go behind GPC and get a shit load of shad every year just after ice out where the hot water pipes pour into the river.. They might not have the shad guts at Scott's Outdoors, but chances are they can refer you to someone who does. There are a lot of people that go to that area to get the shad. </div></div>

AIRASSAULT you are the MAN! I called Scott's Outdoors last night. She said they had 39 of them left. So i rushed up there this morning before work and picked them up. Only an hour drive. I wasn't able to do any pre-fishing for the tournament tomorrow but if i didnt have shad guts i wouldnt even have a chance. Thanks a million brother! </div></div>

No problem man.. Im glad I could help out. Good luck on that tourney!!!

Top Bottom