Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shed buck season is in the way back!

Great to hear no shed buck season!! Does anyone else besides me think that all deer seasons should end before Dec 31 in states like Iowa, MN, or upper Midwest. Why risk the chance that you shoot a shed buck by accident, and let the deer be stress free at this time of year!

Great to hear no shed buck season!! Does anyone else besides me think that all deer seasons should end before Dec 31 in states like Iowa, MN, or upper Midwest. Why risk the chance that you shoot a shed buck by accident, and let the deer be stress free at this time of year!
maybe, maybe not. i never get a chance to go out for late season until after Jan 1 because of holiday travel and commitments like that. I should probably start saving some vacation for late season but hard to plan ahead for the coldest days

Great job to everyone that wanted to make a difference by attending the meeting and by sending emails. It can and will make a difference when your voice is heard.
That would hurt my feelings at all if it ended Dec 31.

I am fine with the LM and late archery season going until Jan. 10th, but that would be my preferred cutoff date. Anything past that date is over doing it my mind. The number of shed bucks taken mistakenly would be quite low IMO if all seasons ended by the 10th.

I agree the 10th is fine. No matter what you will have stressed deer that will always shed before season ends. Every year during shotgun season a few get shot. But the way they are now is the latest I would like to see it

Top Bottom