Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shot a big one tonight back though

livetohunt

I shot a big one tonight halloween, however the shot was back. I shot him at right at 630. I watched him walk off real slow with his tail tucked and slightly hunched over. He was between me and my truck so I decided to take the long way around back to the vehicle. Now its about 45 minutes later and I've made the big loop around. Now I'm probably 350 or so yards from were I last saw him. I'm walking a trail up hill and silhouetted walking towards me at 20 yards was him. My quiver was in my pack so no second shot. He walks off. I get out my flashlight and find a little blood and some gut type stuff. I plan on picking the trail up in the morning. I know I should look.near water and there is a small almost empty pond about 200 yards from where we met paths as I was walking out, so ill check there. Any other advice? Thanks guys.

Give him plenty of time. Noon at least. I hit one back last year. Bedded down near tree stand after shot, I thought he was going to expire quickly. He got up after several attempts and walked off slowly. Went in next morning and bumped him. Backed out till following morning and found him another 200 yards from we're I'd last seen him. Highs and lows of bow hunting.

Dead deer, but could take a lengthy grid search to find him. As stated, give him plenty of time. Good luck, and keep us posted.

NWBuck

If not already, he'll be dead. Its the hardest thing to do, but the longer you wait the better your chances are. Accidentally bumping him would be the worst you could do.

I think everyone else has given the best advise... Just wait it out. Worst thing you can do is go in to early. Get some lunch and then take a walk.

He shouldn't go much further if he has already made it 350 yards. Of course he's a dead deer as any gut shot animal is dead, it just a matter of how long. Good luck with him.

Well guys I've looked for over 4 hours today and nothing. The little spot of blood I found last night is all I've found total. I've walked the entire property and checked all the places I thought he might be and came up with nothing.

I finished typing that last post as I was sitting on a rock out where I was looking for him. I decided I'd check a spot I already looked but check it better in the thicker brush, and I just spotted him. Probably 70 from where I saw him last night. Persistence pays of. I'll post pics tonight.

Top Bottom