Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Shot a decent one last night.

ISHEDHUNT

Life Member
Well this season has been a very rewarding one for me to say the least. To start out with my youngest son came to live with me this past summer and him and my step son have been practicing with the Encore all summer. Fast forward to youth season, I sat every other outing with each boy and we saw plenty of deer including a few good bucks. Tristan happen to get a shot at a buck while hunting with his Dad. My son Aaron got a shot at a doe, but didn't connect, although they didn't kill anything they both said they had a blast. Aaron and I had a pretty exciting outing the first evening we sat in the ground blind. A roster pheasant crashed into our ground blind, scared the heck out of both of us.

Now on to filming my video partner shoot a giant, his best video buck to date to boot. I still can't get over how massive that beast is!

The next evening I got out with my gal and she was able to see me kill a nice fat doe. The morning I take her out for her first hunt of the year. I rattled in a great buck but for reasons only known to her she didn't pull the trigger. The next weekend we have a young buck go blazing by chasing some does, I grunted him back toward the decoy and Steph made a great shot on him as he walked toward the decoy. We actually captured this hunt on video also.

Now fast forward to Tuesday, I'm doe hunting and I spot a really good buck. I let him walk by at 50 yards, I didn't have my cameraman with me so I didn't call to him. The next time we could go was Thursday so back in the same area and the same buck strolls by following a doe at 50 yards. I grunted and snort wheezed him, he looked our way for a few minutes but once the doe started to move off he went. I hoped she would drag him back by before the evening ended.

About 30 minutes later he shows up all by himself. He proceeds to rub a tree aggresivily for a minute or so. He now is a mere 30 yards away and smashing some sapplings and scraping the ground. I'm on the backside of the tree so I need for him to commit going one way or the other. He slowly makes his way straight toward the tree, I'm freaking out wondering which side he will pass by. He finally commits to his right and my left. Now he is a mere 7 yards away and moving through my only window. I slip one right down through him and away he goes. During the time he was making his way toward us the 5 does and fawns have reappeared and are milling about until the shot. Then all heck breaks loose. In all the commotion I think I hear him crash. We decide to play it safe and go home to review the footage. We watch the footage and are sure he is dead. We end up getting a bite to eat and watching some other footage we have shot this season. After a couple of hours we head in and low and behold he went 30 yards and dropped. He was pretty stiff so I imagine he was dead before I ever climbed down.

I just want to thank my gal Steph and video partner Doug for all their help. Man it's early and I can't wait to get back out there in the tree!

He is 21" inside and grossed 156", not my biggest bow kill but a great buck none the less.

Chris2007097.jpg

Chris2007088.jpg

Chris

Congrats!

I saw a comment you had in the shout box earlier that made me wonder when we would be hearing from you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats!

I saw a comment you had in the shout box earlier that made me wonder when we would be hearing from you. </div></div>

No kidding! It's about time! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif That smile looks real to me Chris! Dandy bow kill man, and the film of the hunt will live on. Good job!

That is a gorgeous buck, Chris!! Way to get him, and way to hold off till ya had the camera there.

By the way, how many hats you keep in the old backpack anyway? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom