Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

shotgun Mic

diamondman

Looking for a shotgun Mic to work on a Canon XH-A1. Going to be filming for outreach outdoors ministries. Working on a tight budget so looking for good used one. If have or know of one pm me or e-mail me or text me at 641-777-8706

Last edited:
I personally don't have one for sale. But I know first hand that RODE makes very good mics. So if you can find one, go with it. hv20.com, dvinfo.net or any other film site may have some for sale.

I too film for Outreach Outdoors, good luck with your search.

I have a Rode Videomic on my Canon HV20 and like it. But i do have a couple small complaints about it.

I have went through about 4 hotshoe mounts on mine. If you carry your videocamera around with the shotgun mic hooked up it will eventually fail and break. I usually don't carry the videocamera in my hands during deer season, but i do in the spring turkey woods. Just doesn't seem like the plastic the hotshoes are made of lasts very long. I also had it fall over a couple times and that always does them in. Rode has always replaced it when it breaks but i get the feeling they wonder why i'm going through so many and on the verge of cutting me off.

Sometimes the rubber band type suspension it uses squeaks when in a high wind situation.

You may also need the XLR connector to plug into your XH-A1, as it comes with only a smaller stereo jack hookup.

Definately get the DeadCat to muffle wind noise.

It may sound like i'm complaining about the mic but i do think it performs very well, and the price wont break the bank like other mics out there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom