Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Should I go out today?

Fishbonker

Life Member
Strong wind yesterday out of the south southeast. Strong wind today out of the west supposed to switch to the northwest. I sat in the stand from 1230 to 1630 and had to climb down 'cause I was sooo cold. Didn't see a thing. Should I just stay home today and get some chores done 'cause the wind is 15mph gusting to 25mph? Do the deer move when its this windy?

Thanks

The 'Bonker

Wind is one thing deer do not like. It makes the woods too noisy and they can't hear predators approaching. I was out last Sunday when it was windy...first light and last light were the only times I saw deer. But then again, I'm definitely no expert (as anyone can tell by the lack of trophies on my wall).

FISHBONKER, FIRST BUY SOME DISPOSIBLE HANDWARMERS,JEZ ITS STILL OCT. , LONG SLEEVE T SHIRT AND HOODED SWEATSHIRT WEATHER.(RELAX, JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE........ SWEATSHIRT.) SECOND-----IT'S HUNTING SEASON NOW---JUST HUNT!!!!!GET OUT AND HUNT, HOW CAN I PUT THIS ANY MORE CLEARLY. SCOUT OR GLASS IF NOTHING ELSE.. BEST OF LUCK(ON WARMER WEATHER) HUNTING THIS SEASON. I BELIEVE IT'S GONNA GET WAY DOWN INTO THE20'S THIS WEEKEND...BETTER BACK THE SNOWMOBILE SUIT. HEY JUST A NORTHERN BOY HAVIN' A LITTLE FUN WITH THE COLD STUFF.HAVE A GREAT SEASON M350 OUT

HEY,I don't mind wind except its hard to hear the deer coming.3 years ago I got a nice 9-piont with 40 mile an hour winds and snow in the air.It was Nov.15th though.DIE HARD deer hunter aint I.

Everyday is a good day to hunt, enjoy the great outdoors!

uploadedHalfBuck4.jpg

I caught this buck this morning, 10/20/01.

Top Bottom