Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sitka Gear - The real deal?

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
So looking over that stuff - I have no idea if it's as good as the price tag or not???? Now, it's silly expensive - $599 for incinerator coat SO if a guy bought it, he'd almost have to say it's "THE BEST" just to justify it in his own mind & be too humbling to admit there's as good of stuff for a lot less. Like me buying $2,500 Swarovski EL Swarovision 10x42 - I'd like to think they are the best BUT, in all reality, I don't think you can tell a lick of difference VS my brothers high end Vortex which cost a 3rd of what mine cost. That's just being honest.

Is it really that good and say, better than Cabelas MT050 for example? I really like that!!!! Half the price. I am looking for one more set I think though so want the real deal.

So, gimme some details/reviews on: bowhunting jacket & bibs, late season jacket & bibs (all the incinerator stuff) & their other products. I don't know a lick about this stuff, why it's great, etc. Mainly looking for hard core quality stuff that's super warm, comfy, hunting friendly, quiet. Stuff I really won't get cold in. Don't really care about the camo pattern as I usually hunt amongst the clouds anyways. any help appreciated.

I've got a variety of pieces that I've picked up including the fanatic vest. I absolutely love it. Don't pay retail, you'll find deals on camofire, blackovis, ebay and others. You should expect to pay at least 40% under what retail is. I'm sure there is other great apparel out there (cabelas, core4element, under armour, ect) but what I really like about Sitka is the fit. I've never been able to get a good fit out of cabelas stuff. Very comfortable, easy to move/stretch without the bulk. Used in bow and gun season and it was durable and versatile. Good luck!

I have the 90% pants, Ascent jacket, and a traverse ls zip t-shirt. I absolutely love my Sitka stuff. I need to get the 90% jacket for colder winter days out here. I really see where it comes into its own when being described as an athletic fit. When hiking the mountains out here, I have the best range of motion and comfort I've ever had and I've been through quite a few camo styles. When you layer it, it is not bulky, but still warm. That's a western hunter's perspective and Sitka was originally designed for western hunting. I've only ever put on one of the jackets you mention and it was extremely comfortable and easy to move in. Would I ever pay $599 for a jacket? Seriously doubt it. But I do own a pair of Swaro 10x42 (non-Swarovision) and, having used them for so long, I can tell the difference between Swaros and Vortex. Its minimal, but its there.

If I get my elk tag for this coming Sept, you can bet which camo set I'll be going to. Of course, my wife works for Gore, so we get the employee discount on Sitka stuff, which makes it much easier to justify. Like others have said, there are definitely ways to get it cheaper. I see it for sale on Coueswhitetail.com (local site like this one) now and then. Worth looking at or, send me your email and I can send you links when I see it.

Cabelas has their stand hunter extreme line on sale for a heck of a good price if you are looking for warm... Can't comment on sitka.

I love my Sitka. I am a tree stand hunter and I think the optifade forest is the real deal. The Fantastic line is great for mid to late season. They are coming out with new line called Blizzard that I wish i waited for.

I've got both Sitka and the cabelas MT050 clothing. I wish I woulda bought the Sitka line first!!! Love it!!!

Fanatic series is what I have. I love it and it is worth every penny. From the comfort to the warmth and toughness of Sitka. The best clothes I have ever bought and I have bought and wore about everything.

When is this "Blizzard" line coming out? I have a whole year to wait so I'd love to see that and also if folks see a good sale, it would be greatly appreciated to know of a sale on Sitka stuff. Pry good timing right now to buy things.
SCHEELS does carry Sitka?

Sligh, I have the fanatic bibs and jacket. Absolutely the warmest gear I have ever owned. Very comfortable at temps down to 20 degrees and below. In fact this year I wore the fanatic gear the first day of shotgun at one below with only a good base layer and their mid weight pullover and was fairly comfortable. The down sides are if you exert yourself whatsoever be it moving a tree stand, walking a long distance, dragging a deer, tracking a deer etc. you will sweat your sack off. Also, the material will pick up every burr, sticky, jagger, etc. I walked a creek bottom and spent an hour picking all that stuff off my clothes. That said I would buy it again and is absolutely dead quiet and warm. I think you mentioned the incinerator line which is heavier than the fanatic line and geared toward ultra cold Canada type weather. Fanatic is all you will need in Iowa. Hope this helped.

I've been using and selling Sitka for the last three years. Fantastic stuff, wish I had bought some years earlier. Would have actually saved me money because my 3 year old Sitka that I hunt with every day still looks brand new, have never blown out a single seam, zipper or snap - way better quality than anything else I have worn. I add a few pieces every year so now have a really nice complete assortment that allows me to hunt any condition from 80 degrees down to well below zero, just by picking the right layers. The layers are even sized to work together, very well thought out and designed. Never regretted the expense once I actually wore it hunting.

I have been using sitka for over three years now and have both the fanatic, down pour and stratus series. Absolutely the best gear I have ever used. I agree the the only down side to the fanatic series is the material will pile when walking through brush and you will have to pluck vegetation the sticks off. I have actually written them about this problem. I am looking forward to the blizzard series, especially if it continues to be crazy cold in the latter part of the season.

Top Bottom