Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sitka

nwhawk

I'm thinking about buying some warm Sitka stuff and wanted some opinions. There's no question on the quality as I own some layering pieces. My question is for in the stand (bow hunting) from 0-20 degrees what is the right pieces of Sitka. Is it the "Fanatic" series or something warmer than that? I'm also not 100% sure on the the camo pattern, just seems like its a little bright or something.... :s Open to all opinions. Thanks!!

Love my Sitka, but not for tree stand hunting. It's great for still hunting, because it breaths very well. It's also good for 30-40 degree tree stand. But in my opinion there is better clothing for cold weather stand hunting irregardless of price.

Save the money...when it gets cold in November I'll hunt your stands and let you know what's going on out there :D

NWBuck

You will not get cold in the Fanatic series. Great design for bow hunting. They offer their incinerator series also, but you are talking sub zero weather for hours on end with that outfit.

I owned the Fanatic series for awhile and it's very nice just ended up selling it because of the way it fit. The guy that I sold it to absolutely loves it.

It is very quiet and as far as the camo goes, the optifade looks decent in the woods, I just wish they would offer their lighter pattern in the fanatic. You will not regret the purchase.

If you are looking for higher end clothing, check out King of the Mountain wool, Sleeping Indian wool, and Grey Wolf wool. They all make some phenomenal clothing as well. During the rut, I wear the KOM standmaster bibs and the Bowman jacket with one scent eliminating layer and am comfortable all day. Just don't grimace at the price tag :)

Good luck, you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to clothing. IMO

Last edited:
If cash wasn't an issue I'd look at the incinerator stuff for the sub 20 days.

I made it through late season this last year with my fanatic stuff. I was wearing the core top/bottom, traverse top / bottom then the fanatic bibs, vest, and jacket. We didn't have many sub 20 degree sits last season but there was a few around Christmas that this setup kept me warm on stand for 4 hours or so.

Being new last year to Iowa and northern MO, I used the fanatic series exclusively all season. Coupled with the correct layers I never had an issue. It is pricey but it is also quality. Just my two cents worth.

Top Bottom