Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sligh1 - October 1 Buck, Great Opener! "REST OF THE STORY"....

Usually a buck like that is taken accidentally by a rookie which is still probably worthy of a "congrats". When some one works long and hard managing, planning & scheming to get a crack at a monster like that on purpose, I don't even know what words to use, but attaway to getter done!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

Congrats on this fine animal Skip. Is there any chance that you could post the mass measurements and the change from last year to this on the shed?

My buddies did it cause I suck and they know what they doing. I honestly couldn't really score a deer well if my life depended on it. But- smallest measurement was 6". Biggest was 8.25". The crazy part I've never seen- all his mass measurements were thick. He didn't get thin anywhere. I've never seen a buck that has mass down whole rack like this. I should take pic with popcan next to beam. His mass is what's so cool and I thought his shed last year was on the "heavier side" of what I've ever found & he added on quite a bit. I'm horrid with all the measurement stuff. But that's about where all of em sit in between.

congrats unbelievable deer ,haven't seen one in my area that big for 4 or 5 years hopefully one day

Goodness gracious Skip, what a beast! Curious if we can expect another awesome bow harvest from you or are you saving your landowner tag for a gun season?

Goodness gracious Skip, what a beast! Curious if we can expect another awesome bow harvest from you or are you saving your landowner tag for a gun season?

I RARELY ever get a buck with ML or gun. I'm guessing 95% of deer I got came from bow hunting. Dunno exactly why it worked out like that but it has. Not for lack of hunting with shotgun or ML. But who knows. I'll see how season & schedule goes. If I didn't get another buck this season - all good. Management bucks are in BIG TROUBLE!!! :). Best land I've ever seen- there's almost always 2 mature "not great genetic deer" at least for every 1 that does have good genetics. So- the management side of me- I am on a mission to go after several old bucks that need an arrow or bullet and I'll be stoked to connect or have one of my buddies or some kids get cracks at em. There's several that r on the hit list! ;). Might not score great but doesn't mean they aren't smart and also dominant. Long & fun season ahead and I'm hoping to help fam & friends drag some out if fortunate enough.

Last edited:
Skip-absolutely incredible buck and well deserved!!! Ive always been impressed by your hard work, willingness to help others and passion. Always great in life to see hard work rewarded. Great job!!!!

Top Bottom