Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Someone Make it Rain!!

I saw it on my phone. SW Iowa has been lucky. Several areas of rain have crossed SW Iowa in the past few wks. Only to dive into MO, or move east and die. This is the,Ring of Fire<. The boundry between cool air andHot,humid, air that sets up. Lastsummer it was mostly along and north of I-80. This year,since July 4th, it has set up across eastern Neb, down into MO, and Kansas. Unfortunately there is no sign of this changing. Around the DesMoines area, there has been 1 inch of rain in July, and so far one inch for Aug. Some areas of Iowa have had less rain the past month than last Summer.:confused:

Just checking weather Service,after being cool and dry for a prolonged period,,next week,,Hot and dry. The KEY word here,,,is,,DRY!

Yeah depending on your area brassicas could not fare well this year. Good thing there is winter rye. If your brassicas are toast just over seed with rye and you'll still have great fall plots. Plant rye in early to mid September. It has to rain sometime!

Tricticale is not shipped to outlets until early or mid Sept, as that is the planting time, even into Oct. That is what I am counting on for this year. You are right,,at some point,,the winter type patterns of moisture have to kick in. In the mean time,,more HEAT,,and SUN.............etc,,,etc,,,,.......

Nine tenths this morning. We always pay up here in NE Iowa with nastier winters. Bonker can't sit in a stand past mid Oct.cause it's too cold!! Hope you southern boys catch some water soon.

Yep,,nice area of rain NE, Iowa,,Southern Wis,,Chicago. When it gets deep Summer,,,real heat,,best activity always moves north,I-80 north up into Minn,Wis. Except this summer even north of I-80. What I don't understand, is why when it was cool, there was little to know rain across all of Iowa. It was way down in Kansas,Olk, Ark,S-Mo. That made no sense to me:confused:. Only thing we have to look forward to is real HEAT, next week. That should cook a out anything left!

Crops are done in SE Iowa, what we have today, is all we will get. Week+ of 95 degrees and will be in the drying stage. Many late planted beans have few pods and not even full canopy.

The news says 85% of Iowa is either in drought or near drought condition. Heat that toyed with us all Summer is gonna take hold and sit on us next week. Maybe longer. I don't want to read the weather service outlook to find out,,too scary. The longer nights, and Sept, are all that is on our side. Won't gurantee rain, but will eventually break down this Heat Dome.

Yep, they sold corn and beans off for 3 weeks straight. I thought no way, especially these short sick looking beans. So I bought some.

We had 1.9 inches 9 days ago but nothing 30 days before that, corn wouldn't dent for lack of moisture and no heat units. Got heat now but next week does look like a cooker.

Talked to a Warren County land owner and she says they haven't had nothing. Feel for you guys but I did last year too and we turned out ok.

In SW Iowa, close to I80 and highway 59. We had early rains and creeks and ponds full. Hope no EHD cases are out there! Last year sucked!

From Madrid to Pella, looks like the western Prairie. Did I spell that right? Anyway,,way drier than last Summer, there. Insult to injury, now with only one rain in July and one in Aug, a HEAT Wave to top it off, just to make sure everything is cooked well-done!

for those of you in SE Iowa or other parts without rain that use Dbltrees fall mix (WR/oats/clover/radish) are you going to wait for rain and then till? Or just put it in and hope? I only have this weekend and next open, but not sure I want to till that powdered ground and throw seed out this weekend. What you guys thinking?

Top Bottom