Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

southern iowa giant

Status
Not open for further replies.
It opened alot of eyes alright. Alot of eyes are now open in regards to the character of anyone who would come on the internet and slander someone as has been done.

But really, nothing surprises me anymore.

Well said Kaare.............pretty sad when you really think about it.

Ishedhunt,

I have the facts. What more can I say. Your rigth I didnt like it but as soon as it came up I cleared my name.

Do you know the hunter ?
Do you know any of the landowners involved ?
Did the DNR tell you there findings ?
Do you know any one involved in this?

I DO. Yeah I have spoke my mind because we know the facts. No the DNR did not proscute the guy but they didnt do a complete investigation in my eyes. You guys all sit there behind your keyboards with no facts and defend this guy. We started this to get the word out that something is not right with this deer. Yes I was blunt in my post but it opend alot of eyes. We tried to go the right way about it but it got us no where. So we wanted to see what other people had to say and just maybe the truth would come out. You guys have all made your thoughts very clear. I hope one day this happens to you and you can all be in our shoes.

Again I am done posting about this.

Hope it happens to us? If I cried this bad about every big deer that I was hunting getting killed by someone else, I'd have to quit hunting and cry all the time. Crap happens buddy, deer move. I've hunted an old buck who would in fact leave our farm, which is full of food, water, security, more cover than you can explain, to go to a farm where it was hunted harder than a 3 acre pen in Jimmy Houstons back yard. Why he did it was beyound me, and he had to travel quite a ways to get there to. He just liked that area, a wide open pasture.

Now, if you say it has been investigated and nothing has been done, I'd say you owe this man a HUGE appoligy. There is not a DNR officer out there thats going to say, "well, he said he didn't, so he didn't." You know what kind of fine they get to right if he had wrong doing? Friends or not, the DNR would have taken care of it.

Last edited:
Hope it happens to us? If I cried this bad about every big deer that I was hunting getting killed by someone else, I'd have to quit hunting and cry all the time. Crap happens buddy, deer move. I've hunted an old buck who in in fact leave our farm, which is full of food, water, securtiy, more cover than you can explain, to go to a farm where it was hunted harder than a 3 acre pen in Jimmy Houstons back yard. Why he did it was beyound me, and he had to travel quite a ways to get there to. He just liked that area, a wide open pasture.

Now, if you say it has been investigated and nothing has been done, I'd say you owe this man a HUGE apoligy. There is not a DNR officer out there thats going to say, "well, he said he didn't, so he didn't." You know what kind of fine they get to right if he had wrong doing? Friends or not, the DNR would have taken care of it.
i agree with this 100%

Why is it so hard to understand why this deer would move off of this property. HE GOT SHOT. Why would he stick around? Deer can wind you or see you walk to and from stand and never be seen again.

Also,these supposed facts you have seem nothing more than circumstatial at BEST. These tracts that were found to be those of a tresspasser, is there anyway to confirm they are the tracts of the shooter?

The hunter had permision to hunt a certain part of the property where the buck was killed. Did the landowner say he was not allowed on this area of the property or was he simply never given specific rights to this part?

And as far as him keeping quiet about it, I don't blame him one bit. You don't think there is a reason why we are not seeing as many posts under the harvest report. Its because some people have nothing better to do than look for somthing wrong with the story, or picture, or critique how they measured the score. I know personaly people who have posted on this website a legit kill and caught bs for simple typeoes and comments like ,"It scored that much, can I borrow YOUR tape." This is crap, and it makes members of the site and others look worse than a bunch of bitter crabs. It get depressing. We should meet up on this site to share pics and stories; encourage, congradulate, and give personal experience advise.

thumb.aspx

Well Tim than you know how it feels to be accused, it's clear you didn't like it. So that brings me to another point why on earth would you do it and pass judgement on someone until all the facts are out and the folks who will make the final decision haven't charged the guy with anything.

I think it speaks volumes about your character. I don't know you and based upon your posts I hope I never do!

TT, I have hunted with your outfit in the past , just let you know...Not going to affect my booking with you...I dont want a deer to drop dead in my sights by a poacher or trespasser or whatever ...your facts warrant this guy being in question and those that are so adamant against you have a tinge of sentiment for questionable kills of an obviously known trophy deer kinda like saying...man I been riding those roads too glad one of us got him...well hang in there hope u get to the bottom of this infamous deer...ps. some people only hunt the long and narrow lease...go figure...lol

Last edited:
I can understand why TT is mad. Its hard telling how much he paid for that deer! Probably lost a big chunk of change on that deal.

TT, I have hunted with your outfit in the past , just let you know...Not going to affect my booking with you...I dont want a deer to drop dead in my sights by a poacher or trespasser or whatever ...your facts warrant this guy being in question and those that are so adamant against you have a tinge of sentiment for questionable kills of an obviously known trophy deer kinda like saying...man I been riding those roads too glad one of us got him...well hang in there hope u get to the bottom of this infamous deer...ps. some people only hunt the long and narrow lease...go figure...lol

Exactly, he had the guy question but he WONT DROP IT! Because he feels the guy is still guilty. Heck if we had a problem and went off hunch's we would all be guilty everytime we did something, went against someone's morals, beliefs, or whatever you want to call it.

Im glad it didnt affect your booking with him. So you saying we all road hunt now? That is a out of line thing to say as well as saying some people only hunt the long and narrow lease.......why would he take the time to put on orange, take a photo, etc...?

Geez he is a giant!! It almost makes me not want to shoot a buck like that with all the controversy that seems to surround every single one of those bucks. Obviously some are poached, but not all of them can be, but seems every single time a claim is made that they are. This one very well could be poached too, but I will say he is a hog!!!

thumbs_iowa-monster-buck.jpg

I am told this is the deer in question here. Here is a better pic of it.

Uh oh...it looks like the ears are droopy! :) :) :)

(Sorry, I could not resist! Some will get it and some will not.) Seriously, that is one super buck!! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom