Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Soybeans or Corn

H

Hunter

I've bow hunted the edge of an unharvested soy bean field and only saw 2 antlerless deer (both withing range). I was expecting to see more. Would I be better off concentrating on the corn fields this early in the season? Have they made the transition yet? I hunt in an area that has multiple corn and bean fields.

They are loving those acorns....and it is so warm they just aren't moving til it is closer to darkness.

get ready this weekend...it is going to get cold...yeah baby!!!!!

My usual opening nite stand has a nice big rub with a scrape nere it.That means super buck action in this spot.2yrs ago it had the same thing and my brother shot a big8 from that tree.Oh yea i saw 1 sm.deer them half hour later ,2 does.

Jason,
Saw deer grazing in a alpha field Friday night. I am going to hunt a new spot tomarrow night. I always hunt timber with plenty of acorns. This spot has no Oak tree's but is borered by soybean and corn fields. I saw alot of scrapes around this ground, so I think I will just set back and watch for a while.

I think one of my stands is probably in a good spot. I'm positioned in a fence row between a corn field and a soybean field with an alfalfa field within 50 yards. 3 other stands are located in oak groves. Ought to be set, can't hardly wait for Saturday, that's my first chance out. It looks like the weather's going to cooperate also.

North of Maquoketa on highway #61. Otter Creek/Canton area has some of the biggest woods in Jackson County. Unsure about public ground availability though. Maggs.

Where is otter creak at? i have heard good things about that area? <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sodbuster:
I think one of my stands is probably in a good spot. I'm positioned in a fence row between a corn field and a soybean field with an alfalfa field within 50 yards. 3 other stands are located in oak groves. Ought to be set, can't hardly wait for Saturday, that's my first chance out. It looks like the weather's going to cooperate also.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Top Bottom