Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

still holding racks???!!!!

S

sludge

Last evening while fighting a major cramp of spring fever my friend & I went to drive around some open water and talk Manly Man things. I:E: Boats, guns, wives, guns, bows, guns, beer & fishing.

We came accross herds of deer feeding. HERDS! And they were NOT spooky at all. Frustrating to be sure.

What we didn't expect to see however was a rack. Not this time of the year. Not this late in the game.

Granted, it was a small 6 basket. But, there he was. Smiling at us. BASTARD!

Moments ago, pappy direct connected me via Nextel. (great phones, till you lose the digital signal, an option they failed to inform us of, but that is another story)

He was just south of Missouri Valley. 20 miles from the herds I saw last evening when HE spotted herds......And one with a Major Leauge Rack. at 74 MPH he couldn't be sure of the size, just that it had some SIZE!

It has got to be some of the latest that we have seen. Still, can't wait to go looking for some sheds this weekend.

While out shed hunting this weekend, we saw a pretty good buck holding half a rack yet. When we crossed the fied to the truck he took off running with the other deer and we hoped that side would fall but it didn't. Going back Friday to comb that side of the farm.

Yesterday, March 27, I saw lots of deer with no racks and one 2 1/2 year old buck still carrying both sides.

My son saw a small 8 point yesterday afternoon with both sides. Definitely been an easy winter. Maggs

Top Bottom