Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stolen Trail Cams

stolen

I hunt a 440 just south of Lovilla and had 8 cameras and 4 stands stolen last year. i t sounds like a pattern around the Lovilla area

Great idea with the GPS tags, I've had two stolen that were locked to trees. It's a shame that there are that many dishonest people out there.

Last edited:
I had a boat stolen off a pond south of Attica this spring. It was a 12-14 ft v bottom light blue color. If anyone hears anything a PM would be appreciated.

Spy point tiny-w with remote data collection. If you can get a picture of the perp. on the wireless back up system, then they steal the camera you are looking at something much better than a tresspass charge.

Has anybody ever tried filing a trespass charge. And how did that work out for you. What steps did you have to take?

sent from super hunters I phone

Has anybody ever tried filing a trespass charge. And how did that work out for you. What steps did you have to take?
Not from trailcam images, but I did press charges on two hunters for trespassing. I approached them and asked for license/ID. If they don't provide this information, it is an additional charge on top of trespassing (assuming you identify them from a vehicle or some other method).

I called the Sheriff's office with their information. They filled out the complaint, which I swung by the Sheriff's office and signed. They plead guilty, so that was the last thing I had to do. Might be more involved if they contest the charge.

This was back in the mid 1990's.

I had a Molotov cocktail tossed into some CRP ground shortly thereafter and luckily a neighbor called me quickly and I got it put out. Coincidence? :rolleyes:

I had 2 Reconyx stolen last year on my property. Both had cable locks on them. Now I have them 10' up with a lock box lag bolted to the tree and a cable lock! Nothing is theft proof but they will need a lot more equipment to get them now! I don't have much of a problem as the word got out that we have cameras and the deputy sheriff will be tracking them down. You have to stay after it and the word gets out.

Seems like it happens everywhere. Checked our cameras for the first time in 6 weeks last week in NE Iowa and 2 of them were gone off ground noone else is allowed on. Sucks to loose the cameras but worse to not see what would have been on them over that time.....

Ain't gonna change unless folks take the TIME & EFFORT by doing stuff like hanging cams 10' high angled right. Likely have to do 4+ cams to cover a piece right. Those willing to do the work will solve their issues- those that won't will still be complaining year after year. Works amazingly well and can prosecute with photos.

It'd take the enjoyment away for me if I had to worry. 6 cams out, 5 of six simply tied to tree.

Lovilla.... really!

This area really is a thieves delight. Not sure why the Lovilla and surrounding area is so crazy with crime. Drugs maybe, I don't know. Have farms in Wayne county and not one camera or stand stolen, Lovilla area you can hardly put them out without them being stolen. Got a new surprise for the Lovilla area scum, pass this along please, gps chips in all cameras and stands, cost 27.50 per chip and when the scum comes calling you can go right to the camera or stand with mr sheriff right by your side. You should see their face, then they start rating out the friends, pretty funny if it wasnt so sad.

This area really is a thieves delight. Not sure why the Lovilla and surrounding area is so crazy with crime. Drugs maybe, I don't know. Have farms in Wayne county and not one camera or stand stolen, Lovilla area you can hardly put them out without them being stolen. Got a new surprise for the Lovilla area scum, pass this along please, gps chips in all cameras and stands, cost 27.50 per chip and when the scum comes calling you can go right to the camera or stand with mr sheriff right by your side. You should see their face, then they start rating out the friends, pretty funny if it wasnt so sad.

What kind of chips do you use? I think that would be a great idea

Pretty sad its come to this. Great idea, hope it works out for you. I'd almost bet the farm that it's a bunch of punk high school kids doing the majority of the theft. Seems to be the young ones who want the glory but don't have the wallet to afford the nice things. Also the ones who have the ambition to cut down and lug someone else's stand out of the timber.

How do these chips work and where do you get them?

I'd also like more details ? where do you purchase, how to track, etc. ?

If small enough, these could be really handy put into the base of an old shed horn ! This will re-define 'shed trap'.

So is anybody going to post a link on these GPS tabs? Sounds too good to be true. I see there is a chip called the Tile but, you have to be within 150 of it in order to find it.

No one is posting more about the chips because they aren't really using them. It would be cost prohibitive plus a monthly tracking fee.

Somebody prove me wrong please and provide details.......

Top Bottom