Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stolen Trail Cams

Wow, there has to be a solution?

Fake cams with another hidden in tree above doesn't work? Is anyone driving around noticing vehicles parked near their farms?

I have 3 wildgame cameras that are junk. was gonna throw them away but if anyone wants to go to the trouble of using them for bait they can have them. I used to coyote hunt the lovila area and would give them to someone over there if you want them. Im from Chariton. 641 203 0667 don't call after 7:00 pm im going to bed

My girlfriend always carries a little pepper spray canister with her when she goes on walks and this got me thinking.... Do you think there is a way to set a pepper spray booby trapped cam or something. That would be a pleasant suprise for them when they open it up! I wouldn't even care if I caught the perp; just knowing they got a face full of pepper spray would be awesome!

I like where this is going! However, we will be infringing on their rights to steal our cameras! Then they will sue us for getting pepper spray in their eyes and dye on their face! Plus it all happens on land that we shouldn't be able to keep them off! I was going to put LOL at the end but after reading it back it was kind of scary true!!!

actually I think its US that are the problem. Not giving them free land and free access to our leased or owned farms is really discrimination of the less fortunate. The way we are going now with putting out cameras and expecting them to be there the next day is an old way of thought. If and I mean IF we were nice we would ALLOW the people that borrow our cameras to sell them back to us at a reduced rate. See, they are used and have less value after a meth head has touched them. We evil landowners should not put these people down for the crimes they commit. If its that bad that You had to cut down the tree that my camera was on well I will point you to the work place that best suits your skills=prison kitchen.

Face it guys, a depressingly large portion of our population are lazy, dishonest scum. Makes me cringe that the countries past generations like our founding fathers, WWI, WWII ect... sacrificed so much for what its turning into. The only solution is to fight back. Mount them high and prosecute to the full extent of the law. I would think once the word gets out your ground would be less of a target.

Even a sign by each camera saying "smile your image is being captured by a hidden camera 25 ft off the ground" would have to freak them out.

Few years ago I was getting deer shot on my ground from the road. Posted signs that they were now being watched by hidden cams and it hasn't happened since.

Ive gotten three stolen this year in avery area... then had a tree stand hung in my cattle pasture I left a note and took the stand ..... waiting for him to call me so can get my cameras back for his lone wolf stand

Ive gotten three stolen this year in avery area... then had a tree stand hung in my cattle pasture I left a note and took the stand ..... waiting for him to call me so can get my cameras back for his lone wolf stand

Or get your cameras back and keep the stand for your troubles

Or get your cameras back and keep the stand for your troubles

I like this better! At least is was a nice stand you got. Luckily I haven't had any stolen yet (looking for the nearest wood to knock on, but all I see is MDF crap around here!). I like the sign about hidden cameras as well. Maybe "Smile, I see you on Google Earth"!

Guys

I had 3 cams stolen over the last week. I also had 7 tree stands stolen last year. Time to bust the person(s). Does any one have any cameras that don't work and were going to throw away? I need some bait if possible so I can set up some surveillance and catch them to prosecute them. If you have anything I can use I will happily pay your postage fee or pick them up around the Des Moines area. Just send me PM if you would please and we can work it out.

This stuff just ruins a hunting season knowing someone is walking around your private property taking whatever they want and doing who knows what.

Guys

I had 3 cams stolen over the last week. I also had 7 tree stands stolen last year. Time to bust the person(s). Does any one have any cameras that don't work and were going to throw away? I need some bait if possible so I can set up some surveillance and catch them to prosecute them. If you have anything I can use I will happily pay your postage fee or pick them up around the Des Moines area. Just send me PM if you would please and we can work it out.

This stuff just ruins a hunting season knowing someone is walking around your private property taking whatever they want and doing who knows what.

Where do you live boonerz? I might have a camera for you.

Nug

This device , if it is real, might do the trick. Here's info from their website. I'd wait though and see how they do.

http://www.retrievor.com/

We launched our Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign on September 30th 2013. You can pre-order your very own RETRIEVOR and at the same time help us place our first manufacturing order, We will have limited quanities at discounted prices on a first come, first served basis, so be quick! By doing so you'll be helping us prepare for full scale manufacturing and also let us know how many we need to order! We'll also be able to get our app development and other back end technology further developed ready for our official launch in November 2013.

Bear traps.... Big, giant, heavy duty foot traps! One chomp on the ankle with that bad boy and they will stay on their side of the fence! I had a guy that was hunting a neighboring property keep checking my camera last year. I was getting so freaking mad! I would leave my camera out for 5-7 days and when i went back there would be a small SD card in there with one day of pictures on it. I think the only reason he didnt take my stuff is because i walked right through his set up one afternoon. I stood in front of his camera to make sure he knew that i knew where his stuff was!

To others.... I like prevention.... I'd get you some custom made signs. It hurts cause they are $20 a pop but I did buy some generic ones "Monitored by 24 Surv..." for $8 online. They have to say "motion camera monitored, blah blah". And I really do back it up with hidden cameras. But- that alone gets the message across and PREVENTS you from a lot of the headaches (not all but most). One stolen cam would pay for most the signs you need. I think mine say "Motion camera monitored. Camera instantly sends picture to phone & email. This is your last and only warning, stay out" and has a pic of a camera and private property message. I nailed some folks with hidden cams before and it eases my mind to have them out and up a tree. Like I said a million times, folks not willing to do it will continue to have stuff ripped off, bucks poached every year - it's an effort to nab people but an hour of your time will give you years of relief.

Top Bottom