Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Swisher vs DR

savey33

Is the DR a way better ATV brush mower? I am all about buying quality vs throwing a bunch of money into something I am fixing all the time because it was cheap. Is the DR much better built and worth the money?

We have a swisher rough cut, it's the 14.5 hp one. That thing will mow over anything you can run over with the atv. Easy to raise and lower and looks pretty simple to work on if something were to malfunction. The DR is nice though but it's about $800 more

I have the swisher t60 trail mower. Had it about three years and have been really happy with it. Never used the DR before.

The Swisher is a really good machine. I have used one (quite hard) for several years and it keeps on going strong. I have not used a DR

So have any of you had to do a lot of repairs on yours? I heard the tires were cheap and one guy said he was doing fixes on his all the time. Not necessarily major fixes, but kind of you get what you pay for kind of things.

The tires seem really good on ours. Some of the swishers have plastic tires. We have the big air filled tires. Haven't had to fix anything on it yet, but we've only used it 3 times since we bought it

I have abused mine pretty good and it keeps on going. I have the air filled tires but I beefed them up a little bit by filling them with slime.....seems to help. Had a belt break once so I keep a spare on hand in the shed....not too hard to change. Other than that, it runs pretty good and I think I push it to its limits some times. I picked mine up used about three years ago and have been happy with it.

Top Bottom