Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tagging Question?

Alrite.. i was sittin in the field thinkin about how u guys are seeing deer losing their antlers already... if i were to shoot a buck with my bow and it had lost its antlers... do i have to tag it with my any-sex.. or can i tag it a doe since it has no antlers.... rather be safe than sorry! Thanx guys!

~Alex~

I have another question that follows the same lines as above. This actually happened to some people I know who shotgun hunt. Someone shot a spike buck (Yes, I was somewhat annoyed). It had no forked antlers, just two spikes coming out of his head. I saw the deer and they were actually kind of long spikes, longer than any I've seen before on a spike buck. Would this deer qualify as antlerless? The definition in regs say that an antlerless deer is any deer without a visibly forked antler. The definition seems clear that this buck would qualify as antlerless, seeing as he did not have a forked antler. But these guys who were doing the hunting were positive this deer would be considered a buck and not antlerless. There wasn't a big controversy, because all they had was any sex tags, and I didn't push the issue at all. Is there someone in the know that can clear this whole thing up for me?

If it was a spike with no forks in either of the antlers it can be tagged with an antler-less tag. Some one wasted an anysex tag.

That's what I thought. It wasn't a big deal, besides the fact it was a spike buck, all they had were anysex tags.

Should always buy a doe tag for that reason! thats what i do anyways!!
smirk.gif

Top Bottom