Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Team # 9 Thread

Ishi

PMA Member
Ishi checking in. The computer pick really well a good team of buck killers! We just as well get a team thread going as now we are committed and if we are going to play let’s play hard.
25 pts for the team. 10/13/2017
I don’t shoot many does and won’t shoot one during the rut. So taking the chance of not getting some venison for the Let’s Eat!!! thread next summer she gave me a 12 yard broadside shot. I didn’t even stand up cause I was really deep down hoping she would bust me.... no such luck double lung and seen her fall. I had to walk the half mile back to get the deer cart. I got her loaded right at dark, prefect timing with heavy rains on Saturday excepted I wasn’t going to hunt in the rain this early.
Throw out some ideas for a team name or we can just be team #9.
If we come up with a team name I’ll edit the thread title.
B9276B2B-449F-4D80-86AB-147CFD553F9B.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn't take any pics of my early season does but I have more I need anyways and will get one of them!

Only reason I took a pic is I’m in another contest. Lot of time left to get another doe and that big guy. Good luck

pretty Good assembly of killers here. Looking forward to seeing what this group outs down

Finally vacation is here all the way through Thanksgiving weekend. I think I only work five days in this time frame. I’ll be out of the office a lot but I’ll try checking in as much as possible plus Daver is probably ready for it:rolleyes:

The cell service really stinks where I hunt. US Cellular commercial says in the middle of anywhere how about in the middle of nowhere!
The extended weather looks very promising just in time for the rut. This is what we live for so have a blast shoot a good one and keep the updates coming.
The scrape cam are really rocking right now..... the anticipation is maxed out!!

Raise a good point. If it's a booner, and on the road dead, can I tag it and count it?

After talking two days off back in the tree today. Nice cool morning crunchy leaves and a clear sky. Back to where I shot my doe earlier. I haven’t hunted this ridge in the rut since 2011.
This area has been good to me so I’m giving it a try again.
I have no cameras here but good ones are always here. The wind is good so I’ll probably leave the LW here all day to conserve energy for the next three weeks.
Three does one small buck and a coyote already come on daylight. More updates later

Not much action this morning after the frenzy at first light. At 10:00 this solid mature 8 pt came by but his lack of good brows probably saved his life.
The pics doesn’t do him justice but he would have been a tough cart out of the woods.
Good luck arm and the team and keep the updates coming in.
3E468DD2-A1DA-4E23-9B4E-B544481757C2.jpeg

All day sit yesterday. Non stop action up until noon. Then dead until 2pm with at least a deer in sight until dark. One 5yr old that I couldn't get a shot at was not in the chasing game but checking bedding. Two 3yr olds chasing with the rest if the youngsters. The older deer that I care about, I didn't see but I was not in the area they usually show up. Was in my favorite stand that I only get on east winds. Was a great day other than a squeaky tree stand.
20171103_153642-1328x747.jpg

174 3/4 for my buck. Story posted in the harvest forum

Good luck to everyone still grinding and congrats again to those who have been lucky enough to harvest.

Top Bottom