Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

That'll do for 2017!

Buckdown89

Very bittersweet morning. I got set up at 4:45 on a ridge over looking a valley where the turkeys always roost. At 5 am they were going nuts and they never stopped. At 6 am I called a few times and was cut off by a tom who sounded like he wasn't far away. I let him sit for 10 minutes and Called again, this time he stayed quiet. I thought he had given up. I then got very aggressive with the call and got him to gobble again but realized he was going to be in the alfalfa field behind me. I crawled and repositioned myself so I could shoot behind me. Seemed like forever and he gobbled again and this time I knew he was in range. I finally caught his head moving through the alfalfa field but only when I would call. The alfalfa was at the right height that when he was walking I couldn't see him at all. I finally got a shot at him at 40 plus yards and that was the end of my 2017 Spring Turkey season. It's always nice to wrap your last tag but I already cant wait until next season! I got a buddy that has never gone I'm going to try to get him on a bird next week. Goodluck to everyone still getting after it! It's a beautiful time to be out in the timber chasing them!

Top Bottom