Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thoughts on E Bikes?

Rous14

PMA Member
Just wondered if any of you own or have experience w the different e bikes out there that are being marketed to the hunting industry.
I like the concept of keeping my boots/scent off the ground and getting to/from my stand as quickly as possible. (And if I’m honest, some of my stands seem to get further and further away from where I park the older I get).
Problem is I just can’t justify the $4-5k in cost.
Besides the cost, are they powerful enough and is battery life sufficient for getting around hilly sometimes muddy terrain for those that have any experience?

My old neighbor bought a kit and installed it himself on a fat tire bike. Thing is Very impressive. I mean 35 MPH up hill. If you give it all the juice in the wrong gear you'll end up on your back. He loves it. He even fabbed a hitch and uses a cart to pull out deer. No way he had more then 1500 in it. Sorry I don't know where he ordered the kit from but I know he bought the most powerfull he could and got the bike off ebay.

I went with $850 ecotric with free shipping. Its "only" 500 watts, but PLENTY for what I need. Shimano gears which I've had on mountain bikes for years. Goes 20 mph.

The other bikes are better I'm sure, but for less than 40% of the price, it suits me just fine.

Love e-bike!!!! I got some LONG WALKS!!! This is game changer cutting through that area fast & getting somewhat close to stand. (what makes sense - Common sense- ditch bike in weeds where won’t be where deer are of course). I don’t get all sweaty and nasty . I only go 5-10mph but makes it go very fast and don’t really spook deer.
I’d use one of those Medicare Scooters if someone took my bike. Quiet mobility & Fast to stand is huge!!!
Small farms & Short walks- not needed.

I agree with the others, they are awesome. There are some good rigs out there for less than the ones marketed to hunters if you look around. It's costly to sponsor all the pro hunters, LOL.

Check out Buck Hollow Sports in Pella, IA I got a GREAT deal on one recently. Ended up going with Rambo XPS 750
These bikes are so fun.

I went with $850 ecotric with free shipping. Its "only" 500 watts, but PLENTY for what I need. Shimano gears which I've had on mountain bikes for years. Goes 20 mph.

The other bikes are better I'm sure, but for less than 40% of the price, it suits me just fine.
Looks like these are sold out everywhere. I'm going to guess there will be several around by other companies very soon. With my small acreage I'm looking at one of these or a used electric golf cart to run cams. Got to keep the noise down. Bedding very close. If I ever get to where I can't make it I'll be looking for a tracked wheelchair.

Looks like these are sold out everywhere. I'm going to guess there will be several around by other companies very soon. With my small acreage I'm looking at one of these or a used electric golf cart to run cams. Got to keep the noise down. Bedding very close. If I ever get to where I can't make it I'll be looking for a tracked wheelchair.
Some on amazon are available.

Love e-bike!!!! I got some LONG WALKS!!! This is game changer cutting through that area fast & getting somewhat close to stand. (what makes sense - Common sense- ditch bike in weeds where won’t be where deer are of course). I don’t get all sweaty and nasty . I only go 5-10mph but makes it go very fast and don’t really spook deer.
I’d use one of those Medicare Scooters if someone took my bike. Quiet mobility & Fast to stand is huge!!!
Small farms & Short walks- not needed.

Do u guys just throw them in the back of your pick ups when bouncing around from farm to farm? Pretty durable and dependable? How about issues when using them in the rain/snow, no worries about the battery or motor getting wet? I’ve also been told that if u were to get a flat tire, especially the rear tire, it’s a pretty big chore to get it off with the different wires running to it.

Do u guys just throw them in the back of your pick ups when bouncing around from farm to farm? Pretty durable and dependable? How about issues when using them in the rain/snow, no worries about the battery or motor getting wet? I’ve also been told that if u were to get a flat tire, especially the rear tire, it’s a pretty big chore to get it off with the different wires running to it.

I bought a hitch mount bike rack made by rambo. It costs 200$ through boyd and makes hauling it so much easier then in bed of truck!

Several years ago I purchased a SONDORS [fold-x] E bike . We love it . 20MPH on the flat and plenty of get up and go for up the hills !! I put a rack on the back to care miscellaneous gear to and from our stands . Also great for checking cams . Biggest problem I have had is near deer collisions in the dark . They don't hear you and you don't see them . The E-bike makes it impossible for the deer to pattern or anticipate your entrée and exit . They aren't good in the mud however . The battery compartment and motor are sealed so no worries with wet or snow !! Thinking mine ran about $1200 . Price is dependant on the upgrades that are added. Mine is also pedal assist , so the distance that it will go between charges , depends on how much you help out . They advertise up to 85 miles on a charge , but I haven't pushed that limit . You can ride up fairly close to your hunting location and walk a short distance without breaking a sweat , which is HUGE once the temps drop .

We just received another shipment this week so have these bikes IN STOCK and ready to go.
- Rambo 750 26" Black and Grey
- Rambo 750XPS Carbon

I gotta get out of this thread before I convince myself I need a new hunting toy.

Same here hahaha! These things look sweet. Some of the farms I hunt have a mile walk up and down steep terrain. Be nice to get 3/4 way to my setup and not be soaked halfway there. About need to wear shorts and a t shirt but that’s hard to do when it’s 20 degrees out. I’m thinking next year I will invest in one of these.

We road 22 miles one day last weekend on a Rambo 750xps still had 65% battery left staying in power mode 2 & 3 gear 7 (This one has 9 gears, and 5 power levels) occasionally using power level 5 full thumb throttle was up to 23 mph Well worth every penny.

Anyone still thinking about a new fat-tired electric bike ?
I still have two on hand ready to go - contact me for a great end-of-year deal on one.

Top Bottom