Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Time with Kids 10/25 Doe Down

mole

After chasing birds in the morning I took my six year old son out in the double bull. We set up over an alfalfa field. As we sat and talked, ate crackers, and read a book I looked up to see two does working thier way to the blind. My son jumped to his feet and the doe spotted us. Although she continued to feed her way to the blind. I ranged her several times and finally shot her at 27 yards. The shot looked great!
26404-archer[1].gif

After sitting for a few minutes we climbed out and looked for blood. My son picked up the trail and began to lead Dad. I saw the deer after a few steps, but let my son contiue to do the work. When we were 10yards away I stopped and asked where he thought she might be. That's when the fun really started. He ran to the deer yelling and giving high fives. Then came the cell phone, he had to tell mom and younger brother. This was by far the best hunt I have ever had. The pictures are coming and I'll post as soon as they get back back. I know now I have a hunting partner for life.
grin.gif

mole

Top Bottom