Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree stands on public SF2043

This bill has been moved to the daily debate calendar with an amendment.

Link to bill and amendment: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislation/BillBook?ba=S5029&ga=88

The amendment would strike this clause: "An owner of a tree stand placed on public land shall not be held liable for damage to personal property or an injury resulting from another person’s use of the tree stand." Pretty much guts the bill in my opinion. I wonder if the stand fell down with someone other than the owner occupying it and they weren't wearing a safety belt would that get the owner off the hook? I've said it before, intentions are good but the can of worms is huge.

What a joke. I don't expect most to tag the stands they leave out year after year anyway. Now if you can be held liable they surely won't, if they ever take the time to read the regs to know about it. Not like the CO's are going to be out there walking the woods checking on guys anyway.

• Deleted by Ishi
Show…
Public ground at Correctionville is littered with old stands, ladders, parts of stands, parts of ground blinds. Watch where you step. I've often thought about doing a "clean-up". I don't know why this crap has never been confiscated and removed.
Also littered in many areas around Rathbun!

Top Bottom