Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trips North of the border

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
who has done a Canadian Fishing trip??

i wanna see some pix

Dean and Kaare feel free to put up some pix on here!!! PLEASE!!!
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Here are some pix from my last trip north of the border.
Nacho (Josh), and "Smokumm"(Jay)are my ND boys and we all went up together a few years ago. we had an awesome time and this was a trip i will never forget!

-June '04

here are some pix of the portage in, we had to work to get to this lake!! but the fishing was worth it!!

024_22_2_.JPG

013_10_3_.JPG

022_20_2_.JPG

015_12_3_.JPG

014_11_3_.JPG

Jay taking a break mid-portage
027_25_2_.JPG

here is how we rigged two boats toghether so we all had a motor..... it was silly, but it worked! creative to say the least!

Jay and his bro-in-law Chad
013_10.JPG

Here are some of the fish we caught and other cool things.....

004_1_3_.JPG

004_1.JPG

004_2.JPG

Josh's big pig!!!! 44 inches!
JoshHawg_2_.jpg

006_3.JPG

006_4.JPG

007_5_2_.JPG

009_6.JPG

009_7.JPG

010_8_2_.JPG

Not a giant fish here, but i liked how the sun interfered...

014_11_2_.JPG

012_9_2_.JPG

012_9_3_.JPG

016_13.JPG

Josh is grossly mistaken about who he is!
013_11_2_.JPG

014_12_2_.JPG

016_14_2_.JPG

018_15_2_.JPG

018_16_2_.JPG

019_16.JPG

022_19.JPG

023_20_2_.JPG

Here was one of our triples!
024_21.JPG

026_23_2_.JPG

A fishing trip to Canada is one of my favorite things to do!!!

show me some pix!!!

That was an awesome trip Thomas, we need to get back up there and do that again.

Just looking at those pictures brings back so many great memories of that trip.

I think I caught more fish on that trip then I had in my whole life before that. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Hey Thomas, remember the night we decided to put a dent in the 6 cases of beer that we packed in??

Remember the headache you had the next morning?? haha /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember the headache you had the next morning?? haha /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

You mean the next afternoon..... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
yes, we need to do that again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nacho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember the headache you had the next morning?? haha /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

You mean the next afternoon..... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
yes, we need to do that again! </div></div>

LOL!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Great pics boys, keep them coming! Love to see those big snakes!!

Do one every year just after ice out. I'll try and get some pics tonight at home. Here is one of my uncle a couple years ago.
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
2581Canada_Fishing_-_2005_015.jpg

Dad with a Smallie
Dad_Bass.jpg

Man id love to go to a lake that is hidden out in the middle of no where that you have to travel through the wilderness to get to. Doesn't matter if it took half a day to get there. It would be well worth it IMO

I have been to Ontario several times. I wish I had more pics, here is just a few.
My family goes to North Eastern Ontarion to a fly-in resort. You can ride a wheeler in with your gear, but its 6miles in, and the trail is not really maintained.

The flight in... you see nothing but small trees, lakes, moose and bears.
Fishing%20043.jpg

The plane that usually hauls us and our gear. The Norseman.
Fishing%20022.jpg

This is what gates of heaven look like, Im pretty sure.

Fishing%20005.jpg

The only traffic you hear is float planes bringing people or bait into camp. Otherwise you might spot a boat or two from one of the other two resorts on the lake.

We usually fly in around 5pm and it gets dark around 10. By the time we get our gear stowed in the cabin, and get our fishing gear put together we have just enough time to run just outside of camp to one of the close bays and snag a few for dinner.

Fishing%20017.jpg
{Some these were kept so we could bring home.}

Next few days are filled with fishing and some relaxation the way it was ment to be done.
Fishing%20013.jpg
The limit is 4per person and only 1 over 18in. Although you only have to leave a 1in square piece of skin on and they cant tell how long a fish is once its cleaned.

Other than that, one of my trips we were jiggin for eyes in about 6feet of water and I snagged this guy over the edge of the boat on a 12in walleye. Never had a hook in him, he just wouldnt let go of my fish, so I pulled both of them up and took them both in the boat.
Fishing%20014.jpg

Im hoping to sneak back up there in early august this year, I have missed last 2 years in a row /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Dean

I'm working on getting some more pics. I have a ton on film but i think i'm missing some digital ones. I'll have to do some serious digging later. The pics are great guys, the weather here today started to give me the itch to get out on open water!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aim-n-High</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man id love to go to a lake that is hidden out in the middle of no where that you have to travel through the wilderness to get to. Doesn't matter if it took half a day to get there. It would be well worth it IMO </div></div>

This is exactly what our group did in the Boundary Waters - Not necessarily North of the Border but darn close /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif.

P0007590.JPG

P0007589.JPG

P0007587.JPG

P0007585.JPG

P0007596.JPG

A great trip but our portage and paddle back to civilization was brutal. Three mile portage in ankle deep mud and black flies that I swear could literally pick you up they were so big. Not to mention the three mile paddle back to base camp bucking a 20 mph head wind.

When we got back to camp and cleaned up we headed into Ely for a sandwich at a bar called Cranberries. First time I've ever walked into a bar to eat lunch and ended up eating supper there too - 12 hrs of eatin, playing pool and drinking made for a long trip back to Iowa the next day /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif.

All in all though, it was a great trip with excellent fishing and awesome views. Would recommend a BWCA trip to anyone who hasn't done one.

I'm booking my annual Quetico canoe trip this week. We've done Boundary Waters in the past, but go into Ontario (Quetico) now to get away from other people. We'll spend about a week in, definately no bars nearby though, so we have to pack our whiskey;) Nothing better than the solitude, no people, no motors, AMAZING fishing. Some of the portages will make you question calling it a vacation, but once back on the water they're soon forgotten. Those flies do suck though, huh Willie? They've drawn blood from me several times.

If you head up north in June you can ussually beat the black fly hatch. When i go to the BWCA/Quetico we usually shoot for June for this reason.

some of these were posted b4... but here are a few trips the past couple years.... going up 4 or 5 times this year so the camera will be jam'n.

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

Top Bottom