Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Truth about CWD

dedgeez

death from above
I found this to be very informative and I hope some of you may as well. And to be clear... I have read and watched vids from the "other side" as well so this is not an opinion post to be clear.

I along with many others questioned the IDNR last year on their reaction to the positive cases in NE Iowa and how it was handled. There are some very interesting FACTS in this video and you can draw your own conclusions, but it definitely makes a person question the motives behind some of the eradication efforts that have taken place when there is all this evidence out there from other states that have already walked in our shoes and done testing only to find out that CWD is not that big of a deal. I sure wish they would focus more on EHD and try to figure out how to prevent that as it seems that EHD is a much larger threat to our deer herd.

Watch the vid for yourself and form your own thoughts, but be informed.

Happy Friday

http://huntingflash.com/is-cwd-a-scam-the-truth-about-chronic-waisting-disease/

I'm watching now. I'll say this beforehand.... On a dozen or so farms and across a lot of area that are not anywhere close to CWD areas, we've stumbled on 50, 60, 70 dead buckt s roughly? This is across X,000 acres- so a lot of area but it's staggering. During a "wet year" - heck, half the ponds we went by had a dead buck, at least half. Most the rest were near creeks. I'm going to venture to guess 90% of these appeared to be anything but hunter related.... Timing of death, no rib damage, no arrows, neighbors who are "honest" and said they were not looking for wounded deer, big farms, HOOF DEFORMITIES/INJURIES!!!, etc, etc. EHD & whatever the heck is going on with the hoof issue out there is a HUGE impact and I'm sickened with the dead deer we've came across when really digging into vast areas. I'm not a scientist and saying this before vid - CWD is peanuts VS what EHD can do. I sure wish we could come up with something to deal with EHD, I realize it's happened forever but it's a bad problem that is immensely worse than CWD, IMO.

I seen the video last night. I'm not a Keith Warren fan I'll say that right now. He is a deer freak farmer so I hope the video isn't for his benefit. CWD is a newer disease and there is a lot of unknowns on it. I hope it's not as bad as we are lead to believe but only time will tell. I do believe there are many threats to our deer herd, CWD,EHD, Foot Mount Diease the next few years will tell.

This is the same video that was linked in another thread. I'll admit I'm on one side of the issue but these guys are on the extreme other side. The first time I watched this video in the other thread I got to 9 minutes and some seconds when a "Dr. Biologist Buck on a Bag" called the deer farmers victims. That's when I stopped watching. I didn't make it nearly as far this time. Also, this video was made in 2013.

There are many people and the legislatures that don't take CWD seriously. This was discussed in depth at the IBA Spring Banquet I wish I could remember all what Dr. Dale Garner talked about on these two diseases. I got depressed and after a while and I left the room cause I heard enough discouraging news. Many of use live in the now including myself. What IF they are wrong will the next generation have deer to hunt. IMO it's better to be proactive than reactive when it comes to CWD. Great thread thanks dedgeez for posting it.

I was in college in Stevens Point Wisconsin going for wildlife biology when CWD broke there. Naturally people freaked & Hunter numbers dropped drastically that first season with all the warnings & such but after a few years the hunters came back. I don't know if it is a good thing or not but people seem to ignore anything CWD related due to the sky is falling message that was delivered from the start. The doomsday predictions have not come true yet, but wolves & overharvest in some areas are much more of a real concern. I feel like there is a over reaction to anything CWD related & not to other more impactful issues.

Here's the facts...They have NO idea what actually causes CWD, but they know how it's transmitted.

I honestly feel sorry for the deer farmers.

Imagine if you're a hog farmer, and one of your pigs test positive for some disease......so the pork council comes in and destroys every last pig you own just because they all MIGHT have the disease too.....farmer is out the money, all because of "WHAT IF" scenarios.....

EF THAT

The DNR isn't enforcing laws any more, they are just making up their own....like the whole Franz fiasco.

Top Bottom