Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Turnips

Rutty

i have 2 acres of turnips planted. During shotgun season I had minimum 20 deer a night hitting them. I sat the plot on Thursday night and didn't see a deer and trail cams didn't show much movement on them the few days leading up to Thursday. There are no crops in the section. I have plenty of turnips left. Do you think with the snow they totally relocated farms? Do you think it's worth hunting or should I throw in the towel on this farm and try picked bean fields somewhere else? With limited sits left I don't want to burn them if they aren't even on the farm. Has anyone else experienced this after cold and snow?

I am experiencing some of the same things. Have multiple farms with standing beans/corn/ brassicas....that are not getting touched.....

Some in high pressure areas, some in low pressure areas. Not quite sure what to think just yet.

I hunted a standing corn plot fri night with no deer showing up inside shooting hours. Always leaves me thinking about next year.....

Hunted a brassica plot thurs night saw 50-60. Personally I think in some of the higher pressure areas (where affected by shotgun 1 and 2) the deer have not settled down and returned to the food yet. I do think they will be hiting these food sources very soon. Hopefully this coming week..... My advise use the snow to pick up sign and hunt acordingly.

Personally I keep bouncing around,hunting the wind, pay attention to high traffic areas in the snow and hope for a bit of luck runing into an old warrior somewhere.

I think the lack of cold weather (until just recently) hasn't put the deer in a winter feeding pattern yet. Even in areas that got very little gun season pressure, the deer just don't seem to be coming to food in the same numbers or as early as other years. The deer population is good, at least around here, they just haven't clumped up yet. Suspect the next 10 days should change things (I hope).

Top Bottom