Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Two blinds/hunters in same field?

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
Anyone ever set up two blinds and have a hunter in each blind and hunt the same field? Thinking about trying it. I have never hunted turkeys here before, but I know there are a good handful in the area. This is mainly all open ag ground, the timber to the south and finger on the east side are really about it for miles.

I'm thinking about walking in the morning before light and popping up a couple blinds for me and my dad. Those two x's would probably be a couple hundred yards apart. Hoping the birds would pitch down or come across the creek from the south or that finger from the east to feed/strut out in the field. The field is flat, no elevation change so we would both be visible to each other. If we tried this think decoys in front of each blind would be okay or better to have only in front of one blind? Both call or just one?

upload_2020-4-20_12-51-58.png

I have never done that, but as long as you don't shoot towards each other I can't see any problems there. A long time ago, before anyone had a store bought blind to hide in, I used to set up on one field sort of like this. I would be about 150 yards away from my friend, brother or step-dad...depending on who was hunting with me that day. 90% of the time birds would go to either of those two areas in the field shortly after fly down, so if we split up then our chances of at least one of us getting a shot each day were pretty high. It was fun to watch through the binos as a bird strutted into another setup and collapsed...BANG. :)

Agree, covers the field better. Decoys at both and no reason to limit the calling to just one. But, if that is where they want to go, may not need to call much anyway.

Top Bottom