Venison Ribs

Discussion in 'Food Corner' started by Jmac0501, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Jmac0501

Jmac0501 PMA Member

I was more than skeptical when I saw this recipe, but decided to try it. It was just a few spices and a bit of time.
    I just cut one entire side of ribs out of a deer this year. Finally got around to making it this weekend.
    https://themeateater.com/cook/recipes/bone-in-bbq-ribs-recipe

I used the insta-pot set on high pressure for 20 minutes, Then out and onto the grill.

My oldest said he really didn't like the mustard/vinegar mop, and then he proceeded to down several more chunks of ribs.

I did not take any photos... but it'll definately be on the to do again next year.

Bill-M likes this.
  2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. muddy

muddy Administrator

Deer ribs are fantastic. We LOVE them. Easy to over cook them though

4. Bill-M

Bill-M New Member

Seen that from Meateater myself and planned on trying it but forgot to save the ribs from the burger pile when I was butchering <forehead slap>. Glad you liked them, I will be saving the ribs this season to try! I did save the shanks for the Osso Buco recipe from Meateater.

5. Jmac0501

Jmac0501 PMA Member

With pressure cooking them first, it took a bit of that risk out. They were fall off the bone tender.
    The grill firmed them up a little and the mustard/vinegar mop added a nice tang to them.